QFile not able to display photos

iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Android
somy1982
Easy as a breeze

QFile not able to display photos

Post by somy1982 »

QFile on iOS is not able to display photos for dorm reason, tried to connect to NAS remotely and locally got the same problem - it loads the photo but all I see is a photo icon with the black background. What could be the problem? Thanks in advance!
silanors
New here

Re: QFile not able to display photos

Post by silanors »

qfile on android device still the same problem!!
SpikesCafe
New here

Post by SpikesCafe »

This problem is still ongoing.
janpolet
Easy as a breeze

Post by janpolet »

Some disturbing news from Qnap support:

Qfile and Qfile HD are no longer being supported.
See message from the R&D team.
Those are third party apps which are no longer being updated.

QNAP R&D team:
"Expected removal date is 6th April. If you encounter issue with Qfile HD version 1.5.1, you install Qfile 2.1.2 instead.
Support for Qfile HD will be stopped and no further updates issues."

This is just sad!! :(
MAIN NAS: QNAP TS-453D 8Gb | FW: QTS 5.1.4.2596 build 20231128 | 4 x 4Tb Seagate IronWolf Pro (ST4000NE001) in RAID5
BACKUP NAS: QNAP TS-469L | FW: QTS 4.3.4.2451 build 20230621 | 4 x 3Tb Seagate Constellation ES.3 (ST3000NM0033) in RAID5
FIRST NAS: QNAP TS-439 PRO | FW: QTS 4.2.6 build 20230621 | 4 x 1Tb Hitachi/Samsung in RAID5
SpikesCafe
New here

Post by SpikesCafe »

janpolet wrote:Some disturbing news from Qnap support:

Qfile and Qfile HD are no longer being supported.
See message from the R&D team.
Those are third party apps which are no longer being updated.

QNAP R&D team:
"Expected removal date is 6th April. If you encounter issue with Qfile HD version 1.5.1, you install Qfile 2.1.2 instead.
Support for Qfile HD will be stopped and no further updates issues."

This is just sad!! :(
There is some uncertainty around these claims: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=123987&p=567146#p566740

Anyways, so as not to get sidetracked, this issue is still ongoing.
janpolet
Easy as a breeze

Post by janpolet »

I sent a message to QNAP again.
I don't get it.
Conflicting information.
Are they or aren't they working on a solution for this issue.
QNAP Support clearly stated that Qfile and Qfile HD are no longer being supported.
To be continued...
MAIN NAS: QNAP TS-453D 8Gb | FW: QTS 5.1.4.2596 build 20231128 | 4 x 4Tb Seagate IronWolf Pro (ST4000NE001) in RAID5
BACKUP NAS: QNAP TS-469L | FW: QTS 4.3.4.2451 build 20230621 | 4 x 3Tb Seagate Constellation ES.3 (ST3000NM0033) in RAID5
FIRST NAS: QNAP TS-439 PRO | FW: QTS 4.2.6 build 20230621 | 4 x 1Tb Hitachi/Samsung in RAID5
albumman
Easy as a breeze

Post by albumman »

Don't remember when mine (iPad 3) began acting up but some files in some folders are still able to be displayed. I have had several versions of Qfile, even the no longer supported QfileHD which I think worked okay. I see there is another version from early September in the Apple store and may experiment with that one.
TS-212P QTS: 4.3.3.1864 build 20211212
2 x Seagate ST3000VN000 (RAID 1)
Skippern
Starting out

Post by Skippern »

Hi,
Trying to wake up this thread again!

I have encounterd the same problem. When browsing some catalogs on my NAS some of the photos will not be displayed in Qfile.

But, I might have some clue to what is going on!

First of all, using Qfile on iPhone works, but the same images that is not showing up on a Samsung takes a bit longer to be displayed on the iPhone.
Next, When looking at the time stamps on the files I noticed that the files not showing up has a different date (changed) than the rest of the images. All the images was taken the same day and copied to the NAS the same day. I also noticed that the images with the new dates had get a slightly different file size than the original images on the SD card.

So, why have some images got a new file size and date stamp?
I have edited some videos using Adobe Premiere Elements and imported some of these photos directly into Premiere. I don't remember the exact date but I am suspecting Premiere doing something with the image files that makes them unreadable with Qfile.

Have some of you also used your photos in combination with Adobe Premiere (Elements)?

PS:
Using QNap TS853 Pro
Firmware 4.3.3
Qfile 2.6.3.0811 on a Samsung S8 and Tab S2 (also tried on a Samsung S5 with Qfile 2.5.4.1124)
blessa
New here

Post by blessa »

Same problem here.

Qfile on Android.

After some seconds trying to load the photo, it appears an exclamation mark in red.

Does anyone knows how to solve this issue?
SpikesCafe
New here

Post by SpikesCafe »

I've owned a QNAP for years and, except in the early days of Qfile Android, this has always been an issue.

The trick that usually works is to wait. If QFile doesn't show a thumbnail, it also won't be able to load the full image. I think what happens is, when you open a directory with images on QFile Android, the QNAP kicks off a background process to generate thumbnails and full size images. As the background process creates the images, the thumbnails show up in QFile, and you should be able to open that image. No idea where it stores this data, but they seem to be persistent. If you access a directory that's been previously loaded, the thumbnails show up immediately and you can immediately start viewing your images. If you try to open an image without a thumbnail, you always see the exclamation mark in red with a black background.

I recently bought a brand new TVS-473 with the hopes that this problem would improve. Unfortunately, since the last update, it's gotten even worse. I'm *only* able to view images that have previously been loaded. New images never load no matter how long I wait. This is very frustrating and I would love an official response from QNAP regarding this issue.

Return to “Mobile Devices”