True 2-way sync?

iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Android
licht77
Starting out

True 2-way sync?

Post by licht77 »

Hi guys!

I am playing around with my QNAP NAS and wonder how to implement a real 2 way synchronisation.

The goal:
I want to keep special folders on my android devices (eg. /mydocuments) in sync with my NAS - and access them from my computer eg. via samba.

The "old" solution:
[Android] <-- App "Dropsync" --> [ Dropbox Account (i know...)] <-- Clouddrivesync App --> [NAS] <-- "SMB" --> [PC]

Well so I pulled up Qsync for this "new" solution:
[Android] <-- "App Qsync" --> [NAS] <-- "QsyncClient" --> [PC]

But this solution has several drawbacks:
1. It seems that I cannot access the Qsync Folder via Samba - but ok, there is the Windowsclient. So I have to store that data locally on the PC too, but who cares.
2. Qsync doesnt seem to do REAL 2-way sync: When I create a file on android, it ends up on the NAS as planned. but when I delete that file (either on android OR NAS) it does NOT delete the file on the other device. I found the switch "intelligent delete" but that doesnt seem to do that trick.

I started googling and found GoodSync, Syncrify etc.

What is your solution to keep your mobiles files in sync with your NAS?
licht77
Starting out

Re: True 2-way sync?

Post by licht77 »

Noone using a 2-way sync? Or did I post in the wrong part of the forum?
jaindj
New here

Post by jaindj »

I am looking for similar solution. Did you find a solution for your issue?
licht77
Starting out

Post by licht77 »

Not yet...
licht77
Starting out

Post by licht77 »

Looks like Syncthing is what we are looking for... thanks to Qoolbox for the hint :)
MueKo
New here

Post by MueKo »

Help please.
I bought this product because I thought that it is a innovative NAS system but syncing between different devices is really really poor.
On my Synology I had the possibility to sync between several devices in two directions.
I couldn't find a way to sync several directories on several devices for example IMac, Windows, Linux <---> Server <---> Android devices.

Can someone help please!
Kind regards
Peter
Translated with Google Translate
QNAPDanielFL
Easy as a breeze

Post by QNAPDanielFL »

Qsync has 2 way syncing but you have to make sure not to check certain boxes in your Qsync Central app. I chose Central Configuration Mode so that I can choose my settings for all my Qsync clients from Qsync Central and then I made sure not to check "Apply the synchronization configuration from the default settings". If I had checked that box then the syncing would not be 2 way. Right now I just deleted a file from my phone's Qsync folder and it deleted the from the nas Qsync folder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Mobile Devices”