Qfile Download Folder Music Random Play Oddities

iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Android
imclumzy
New here

Qfile Download Folder Music Random Play Oddities

Post by imclumzy »

First time post, long time user. I use the iOS Qfile app to download MP3 music files to the Download Folder and play music offline.

Couple of Odd Behaviors:
1. Random play is a little wacky, it seems to play certain songs multiple times in a session and never play other songs. Also the sequence of random songs often seems the same ... for example in different listening sessions, if the current song is "Michael Jackson - Thriller.mp3", more often than not the next song will be "Cher - Do you Believe in Love.mp3". The randomized playing needs to be fixed so that there is a truly random sequence through the songs, that hits all the songs before repeating one, across different sessions.
2. If random is selected but not repeat (the oval button on the bottom right), the session will stop after the last song is played. For example, if the last song is "ZZTop - Sharp Dressed Man.mp3" and it is randomly selected to play, once this song ends another song will not play next.
imclumzy
New here

Re: Qfile Download Folder Music Random Play Oddities

Post by imclumzy »

I tried the Qmusic app as well and it exhibits the same behavior. Essentially, the "randomized" song list is always the same order of songs. Sigh
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

My iPhone 'Music' app works the same way. "Shuffle" isn't really shuffling the songs. Now I think of it, it shuffles them more like a crooked card-dealer. ;)

And it stops once every track has been played.

Hmm, I'm wondering if QNAP are "piggy-backing" off the iOS music app? Maybe they have access to the same iOS functions the 'Music' app uses?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
imclumzy
New here

Post by imclumzy »

Maybe you're right. I notice since updating to 10.3.2 the shuffle play seems more random now. I suppose it will take some time for a pattern to emerge. So maybe this bug isn't QNAP's fault? Be nice if a developer would respond here.
imclumzy
New here

Post by imclumzy »

After several QFile iOS updates the "shuffle" play issue has not been resolved. When shuffle is selected the exact same order of songs is played EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's super-annoying and I've all but given up on the Qfile app for the Download Folder media player function.

Return to “Mobile Devices”