QFile: "Failed to connect" from Android mobile and tablet

iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Android
piannetta
Starting out

QFile: "Failed to connect" from Android mobile and tablet

Post by piannetta »

Hi, both devices have suddenly stopped connecting using QFile. It was working about 15 minutes ago, and now it's not. Nothing has changed.

Oddly, QFile can find the NAS when I search for it, but it just won't let me connect. I can connect fine using the same login credentials from my PC.

I've rebooted the NAS and both Android devices, still no luck

I'm completely stumped, hoping someone can help me out please

Thanks,
Pete
jagitc
New here

Re: QFile: "Failed to connect" from Android mobile and tablet

Post by jagitc »

Hi I'm having the same problem after I updated my Qnap to 4.3.3. None of the android devices here at home are able to connect to NAS. "Failed to connect" it says.
Settings and password are all ok?

Did you get this resolved already?

Thanks,
Steven
ganjah
New here

Post by ganjah »

I am having the exact same issue on my TS-451.

Yesterday I got the prompt to update to firmware 4.3.3 10/27 and today I got the prompt to update to beta 11/3. I did so in both cases. Today I tried to use QRemote to connect to the HD Station, but it failed to connect repeatedly.

After restarting both the NAS and HD Station separately, I rebooted my Android device. That fixed it. Hope it works for you!
ganjah
New here

Post by ganjah »

So restarting only fixes it for one session. At this point, across two phones, we cannot access the QNAP Nas at all via our phones. It's a real PITA. I wish there were notes about it or some type of response, as this clearly seems to be an issue with the qremote or hybrid desk station software, or the nas firmware.
ganjah
New here

Post by ganjah »

I found another post that recommended downgrading to hdstation 3.1.C - viewtopic.php?f=295&t=137073&p=644292&h ... te#p644292

This actually worked for me. I can now access hdstation from multiple phones on the local network. I had to install that older version of hdstation, then reboot the NAS and my phones completely before it would work. Working flawlessly now, though. Hope that helps!

Return to “Mobile Devices”