Sync Qfile with Google photos?

iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Android
looun
Starting out

Re: Sync Qfile with Google photos?

Post by looun »

quote, waiting a "Google photos sync" app on QNAP store.

https://developers.google.com/picasa-web/
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

go ahead complain to QNAP (via ticket) .. only they can add apps to the "APP Store" .. this community forum can't do anything about it
isriam
New here

Post by isriam »

found a solution!

you can now enable google photos in drive.google.com which won't take space in your google drive. then you can use cloud sync and sync your google drive to a shared folder on your qnap. this seems to include all google photos.
looun
Starting out

Post by looun »

isriam wrote:found a solution!

you can now enable google photos in drive.google.com which won't take space in your google drive. then you can use cloud sync and sync your google drive to a shared folder on your qnap. this seems to include all google photos.
:-0 :!:
dsimeone
New here

Post by dsimeone »

Isriam are you sure about this solution? It's true that you can enable a Google Photo folder in Google Drive but according to this article from Google, the photos are going to take your limited space

https://support.google.com/drive/answer ... older&rd=2
Kinesia
Starting out

Post by Kinesia »

I use the reduced files and that's fine for me. What I don't like is that it's this _or_ your normal folder backups, not both at once.
lalaw
New here

Post by lalaw »

Has anyone tried running Google Backup and Sync in a VM running in Virtualization Station?
sanfrancisco
Starting out

Post by sanfrancisco »

Sounds kind of kooky - but curious if anyone has tried this solution?
Looks promising.

https://chosenbuys.com/2018/02/01/sync- ... le-photos/

basically:
  • Setup photo auto-upload to NAS:

Our photos are stored on QNAP in Multimedia/Photos
    Wife’s iPhone uploads to Multimedia/Photos/iphone
    My Android uploads to Multimedia/android via the FolderSync app. Steps to accomplish this:
    Install the FolderSync app from the Google Play Store
    In the FolderSync app click on “Accounts” and create a new account which would connect to the NAS Multimedia/ share. I named the account “nas_multimedia”
    In FolderSync, create a Folder Pair to upload to remote folder /android from the local Camera folder
    I set this to sync at 12:00AM, on Wi-Fi and when charging only, enabled notifications if an error occurs, set “overwrite old files” to Never.
    Setup photo download from NAS to Android phone:

In FolderSync, create a Folder Pair to download
    from remote folder /Photos/
    to local folder /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/nas_photos/
    The settings for this Folder Pair are the same as for the first one (12:00AM, Wi-Fi, etc)
    Now all you have to do is to periodically free up device space using Google Photos built in feature for this.
looun
Starting out

Post by looun »

The only solution is to shared folder on qnap and install google "backup and sync" on PC and set googlephoto to qnap shared folder.

A good alternative is Amazon Photos unlimited (full-resolution online photo storage with amazon prime) , qnap file station mount amazon drive with pictures folder where was store all photo uploaded from smartphone app, easy to access with Hybrid Backup Sync.

Return to “Mobile Devices”