Is it possible to use QSync to two-way-sync Android photos to/from QNAP?

iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Android
Thallanor
First post

Is it possible to use QSync to two-way-sync Android photos to/from QNAP?

Post by Thallanor »

As the subject summarized, is it possible to use QSync to two-way-sync Android photos to/from QNAP?

I understand that we're able to automatically upload our photo rolls to the QNAP using QFile or QSync, but what I am wondering is if it is possible to perform a two-way sync? I have 256 GB of space on my Note 10+ and what I would like is not only have my device upload my photos, but I'd like to pull down my photos from my QNAP to my device too. I know I can use QFile to view my photos on my QNAP, but it would be nice to have my photos synced so I can use whatever app I would like on my device to view, edit, etc. and then have the edited image automatically synced back.

I've fiddled with QSync and by default just have the QSync folder on the QNAP that I can sync to, and have clicked for access to Downloads, Media, Public, etc. but those are folders available to all users on the QNAP. I would like to be able to add QNAP pictures folder (let's say \homes\johndoe\Pictures for sake of this argument) to my \DCIM folder on my phone.

I've considered the brute-force method, logging into QSync using the admin logon, and then drilling through homes\johndoe but on the QNAP, the "homes" folder is greyed out in the QSync app so I'm unable to enable access to it. If I click on permissions on the right, it takes me to another section of the control panel admin already has access to that share, and even if I manually add my name to that list, I don't see it in the QSync app on my phone.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Return to “Mobile Devices”