Blackberry??

iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Android
peter_randle69
Starting out

Blackberry??

Post by peter_randle69 »

Hi,
I know this is a long shot, but is anyone aware of a blackberry app that allows me to render media stored on my NAS? (via Twonky). Somethink like Media Link Player Lite.

Cheers,
Peter
schumaku
Guru

Re: Blackberry??

Post by schumaku »

Dear Peter,

Why using a DLNA client? Since about Blackberry OS 4.2 or better on OS 4.3+, you should be able to access the Twonky Mobile MediaBrowser using your browser on the URL http://[TS]:9000/ - and play your media direct.

Assume you speak of WLAN access. For Internet access, you must forward the port 9000 on your NAT router - and don't forget adding a password to Twonky to protect your media, bandwidth, or both. In case you intend to stream over 3G/UMTS, watch your Telco invoice - with flat rates mostly bound to "fair usage" term - your mileage can vary due to latency.

The Twonky MobileMedia Browser is available on QNAP Turbo NAS running on Twonky Version 5.

Enjoy,

-Kurt.

PS: Good mobile devices or smart users don't require Apps for everything. To many iPhone apps around for simple things readily available by http.
peter_randle69
Starting out

Post by peter_randle69 »

Thanks for that Kurt, i'll give it a crack later.

Fair comment on the iPhone apps..

Peter
peter_randle69
Starting out

Post by peter_randle69 »

ok - got this working, but it's a bit crap as i have to play songs one at a time - hardly practical.

Is there anything that lets me play a playlist?

Thanks,
Peter
sponch
Getting the hang of things

Post by sponch »

thanks for the tipp - wokrs fine with hotspotbrowser and my Bold 9700. playlist would be nice because otherwise only 1 title can be played and the next one must be started manually again..any ideas?

Return to “Mobile Devices”