Qmusic alphabetical sorting

iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Android
Proggie
Starting out

Qmusic alphabetical sorting

Post by Proggie »

Why does Qmusic sort everything alphabetically? It makes listening to albums in the correct order impossible. Furthermore if I search my library by Artist, it then displays ALL the songs in alphabetical order, which for some artists is hundreds of songs. Why can't it arrange the songs by album, or allow you to drill down into each album? You can kind of do this when searching by folder, but then if you go into the album then the songs once again will be sorted alphabetically. Very annoying :cry:
TS-419P 4.3.3.1315 Build 20200611
schumaku
Guru

Re: Qmusic alphabetical sorting

Post by schumaku »

How true. I've filed a report with QNAP bug tracking a while ago, regarding to Music Station, Qmusic, and implicitly on the Media Library, as these are all directly related. Key points are:
Albums (pop, modern, classic, live, ...) are often consisting more than one disk - and the track numbers are per disk in general:

1. Disk numbers seem not to exist in Music Station at all.
2. There is no option to sort per disk.
3. There is no option to sort per disk + track.

This makes it impossible to play an album with mandatory continuation - like a full live recording - very bad!

Logically, this missing feature is reflected in Qmusic, too.
---
Steps To Reproduce

Use rendered CD albums containing multiple CD, correctly tagged with disk (1, 2, ..) and track number (1, 2, 3, ...) and try to play

disk 1 track 1
disk 1 track 2
disk 1 track 3
disk 2 track 1
disk 2 track 2
disk 2 track 3
This should cover the issues hurting us here. The feature change request is assigned internally, the lack of disk numbering was confirmed before.

So let's give them some time to extend and address.
Proggie
Starting out

Post by Proggie »

Two years later and it's still not addressed :(
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Music Station (whatever is coming with QTS 4.1.x resp. QTS 4.2) does nicely sort based on CD number _and_ track number. To make it visible, I've added disk and track numbers to the list:
Music Station - Disk and Track Sorting - Default.PNG
Qmusic does - as of 2.0.0.0528 on Android at least - still sort on on track numbers only, ignoring disk numbers. Yes, bugger, complained many times again since ...

And I'm talking of tags, not of some composed file names like 1_title.mp3 for example.

Can't see your point that Qmusic should still sort alphabetical only.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
geeuz
Starting out

Post by geeuz »

schumaku wrote:Can't see your point that Qmusic should still sort alphabetical only.
Hello, i have the same problem, Qmusic sorts only alphabetical on iPhone 5s iOS 8.4 (Qmusic Version 1.3.1.0224), when i want to play my music via "Folder".
QTS 4.1.4 20150820
#1: TVS-882-i5, 16GB, 5xWD Red 6TB
#2: TVS-951X, 4GB, 3x WD Red 8TB
LadyLand
New here

Post by LadyLand »

geeuz wrote:
schumaku wrote:Can't see your point that Qmusic should still sort alphabetical only.
Hello, i have the same problem, Qmusic sorts only alphabetical on iPhone 5s iOS 8.4 (Qmusic Version 1.3.1.0224), when i want to play my music via "Folder".
QTS 4.1.4 20150820
Same problem here. Any solutions?
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

By folder does show a list of folders resp. files - without any disk number, track number, or whatever album information. Why not using the normal by album, by interpret, ... views instead? The folder listing inherits no information on disk number, track number.
Proggie
Starting out

Post by Proggie »

Because if an artist has lots of albums and you want to listen to all of them in chronological order you have to remember their names and when they came out and find each one manually
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Proggie wrote:Because if an artist has lots of albums and you want to listen to all of them in chronological order you have to remember their names and when they came out and find each one manually
So what you are looking for is the ability to configure the sorting to selectable indices - based on what can be indexed by the Media Library (i.e. by Artist, by Album, by Genre(s), by Year, by Rating, by Favourites, by Recent Additions, by Most Played, ...) - for virtually any list, view or search result?
Proggie
Starting out

Post by Proggie »

Would definitely be nice to have more sort options, but all I really need is to be able to drill down from an Artist to all the albums (would be nice to sort them in various ways including by year) and then could then go into each album and see all the songs in that album in album order. Right now if I go by Artist it will list ALL the songs for that artist in alphabetical order. This is useless, as nobody would ever want to listen to songs this way. Maybe if they wanted to listen to one particular song or build a playlist on the fly and want to search through all the songs alphabetically to pick out certain songs, but I've never ever done that.
geeuz
Starting out

Post by geeuz »

One year later, and nothing better.
On the Android App, you can sort Title, Album, Artist, Album Artist, Duration, Genre, Disc, Track, Year, File Type and Rating, ascending and descending. On iOS only Title. WHY?
Made a ticket, but I have no hope for improvement.
#1: TVS-882-i5, 16GB, 5xWD Red 6TB
#2: TVS-951X, 4GB, 3x WD Red 8TB

Return to “Mobile Devices”