Qfile on android not logging in

iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Android
ccstefanonni
New here

Qfile on android not logging in

Post by ccstefanonni »

I have a TS-469 Pro running firmware 4.0.3. I also have an android device running Qfile 1.4.2 and Qmanager 1.5.3.

When on my LAN (using WIFI) I can use both Qfile and Qmanager to connect to my NAS using my android device.

When I try to connect via WAN (using cellphone data) I can login on Qmanager via XXXX.myqnapcloud.com:8082. I require SSL for logging to the NAS. This tells me that I have my ports forwarded correctly and that my uPnP router is configured correctly.

However using the same settings, I cannot connect to the NAS on Qfile (or Qphoto lite or anything other than Qmanager). I cannot understand what I need to do. I have tried removing the :8082 part, enabling and disabling SSL. I have read all the Qfile instructions at http://www.qnap.com/en/index.php?lang=en&sn=6394. What else can I do?

Please help.
Thanks
schumaku
Guru

Re: Qfile on android not logging in

Post by schumaku »

Using the same port 8082 for the access on the LAN?

During the initial connection on the LAN, all other configuration data (DDNS, myQNAPcloud, WAN IP, ports, ...) are preset automatically.

Note the port is configured in a dedicated input field, and not as part of the Host/IP filed in all QNAP apps.
ccstefanonni
New here

Post by ccstefanonni »

Thanks so much for your answer. I ma not sure if the same port is used on the LAN. The app finds the NAS on the LAN and the connection happens automatically. It is good to know that I should not be using the port as part of the Host/IP. However, when I use port 8082 instead of the default SSL 443 I cannot connect using Qfile while on WAN. I am still at a loss here.
dcsailor
First post

Post by dcsailor »

In general QFile Settings, disable "Verify SSL Certificate," then try logging in again to particular NAS profile with "Secure login (SSL)" enabled. This works for me. Does it work for anyone else?
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

dcsailor wrote:In general QFile Settings, disable "Verify SSL Certificate," then try logging in again to particular NAS profile with "Secure login (SSL)" enabled. This works for me. Does it work for anyone else?
This is required if the App tells you that it fails to validate the server certificate only, ie. as long as you have a the factory default, a self-signed certificate, or a certificate not signed by a trusted CA in place.
Last edited by schumaku on Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glavewu
First post

Post by glavewu »

I got similar issue. It was working fine before. But after some update, it started failing. The qfile app on my Droid turbo just can't loggin with SSL enabled. It can loggin without SSL no problem but with SSL, it always says Failed to connect. I tried it on LAN not WAN, just don't want to try anything on WAN without SSL. Weird thing is all the other apps work fine with SSL the same exact settings both LAN and WAN. One thing I noticed is the photo station can't login with SSL on WAN at the beginning after some update. Then I tried it at home on LAN and it popped up some notification warning about the SSL certificate. After I click trust it, it has no issue any more. But the qfile app never asked me about the certificate. I know those unregistered SSL certificates are always annoying but not sure whether this issue is because of it and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for any help.
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

glavewu wrote:I got similar issue. It was working fine before. But after some update, it started failing. The qfile app on my Droid turbo just can't loggin with SSL enabled. It can loggin without SSL no problem but with SSL, it always says Failed to connect. I tried it on LAN not WAN, just don't want to try anything on WAN without SSL. Weird thing is all the other apps work fine with SSL the same exact settings both LAN and WAN. One thing I noticed is the photo station can't login with SSL on WAN at the beginning after some update. Then I tried it at home on LAN and it popped up some notification warning about the SSL certificate. After I click trust it, it has no issue any more. But the qfile app never asked me about the certificate. I know those unregistered SSL certificates are always annoying but not sure whether this issue is because of it and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for any help.
You can't fix it. We need QNAP to actually fix the Mobile QFile App. Until they do so, simply disable SSL within QFile. (Yes this is hardly a solution, but it will allow you to access your NAS remotely).

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
bdw17
New here

Post by bdw17 »

I take it this still hasn't been resolved ?

I'm trying V2.5.1.0630 but are not able to login over SSH to TS-453a NAS.

Additionally on the fly transcoding does not work, original file playing does. Qvideo seems to be able to do the transcoding on the fly no problem.
ykcorse
Starting out

Post by ykcorse »

Now it is a bit worse, there is no option "Verify SSL Certificate" in the android app, at least I can't find it
vladv
New here

Post by vladv »

In the same boat. Worked fine through SSL until I wan't to recreate the connection to verify something. Not working now and no disable SSL certificate verification is available.

Android 6.0.1
QFile 2.5.4.1124

When trying to connect using SSL it just says for a second, "preparing", and the message disappears after. No errors, no nothing.

Just a quick update: Managed to fix the app by uninstalling and the reinstalling it. Then it asks you if you want to save the certificate. Jesus.
tpmm56
Starting out

Post by tpmm56 »

I am having a similar problem with Qfile v2.5.5.0109 on my Android device, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge running 7.0. I have just purchased and installed a SSL certificate on my NAS TS-453A. I open Qfile, sign in to my QID [Qnap account] - The NAS is found whilst my phone is connected wirelessly to my LAN. I switch off wireless and go to mobile data, connect to NAS with [in this case admin] username & password, select connection method as by myQNAPcloud.com and I have Secure login SSL checked. Qfile reports 'The current SSL connection maybe using an uncertified certificate. Do you want to continue and remember this certificate?' I cancel.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Qfile.
Can anyone help me here?
Thanks.
TS-453A RAM: 4G -- FW: QTS 5.0.0.2255 Build 20220531
3 x 6TB WD Red WD60EFRX 3.5" NAS 24x7 HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, IntelliPower, 64MB Cache, NCQ, OEM with NASware 3.0 in RAID 5 configuration
1 x 6TB WD Red WD60EFRX
ukez
Know my way around

Post by ukez »

tpmm56 wrote:I am having a similar problem with Qfile v2.5.5.0109 on my Android device, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge running 7.0. I have just purchased and installed a SSL certificate on my NAS TS-453A. I open Qfile, sign in to my QID [Qnap account] - The NAS is found whilst my phone is connected wirelessly to my LAN. I switch off wireless and go to mobile data, connect to NAS with [in this case admin] username & password, select connection method as by myQNAPcloud.com and I have Secure login SSL checked. Qfile reports 'The current SSL connection maybe using an uncertified certificate. Do you want to continue and remember this certificate?' I cancel.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Qfile.
Can anyone help me here?
Thanks.
Same issue here..on the same device on the latest firmware
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoe's, that way if he's angry he's a mile away and barefoot.
nat64
First post

Post by nat64 »

I was able to connect my Qnap using my Samsung ACE4 android version 4.4.4 using mobile data

btw: after many attemps, with different parameter attempts

here the environment that worked out succesfully:

NAS
Qnap TS-253A Firmware 4.3.3 0299 build 20170901
MyQNApCloud implemented
SSL certificate created with OpenSSL installed into Qnap
Control Panel/General Settigs/Enable secure connection: flagged (using port 443)
Control Panel/General Settigs/Force secure connection only: flagged

ROUTER
Virtual server/Port Forwarding not implemented

ANDROID Phone
Qfile version 2.6.3 0811
Connection via myQnapCloud nas_name
SSL parameter flagged
Automatically detect ports NOT flagged
Lan port 443
Internet port 8082

It worked! It was a little bit more slow respect not having SSL set in NAS and Qfile but finally worked :)

Regards

Return to “Mobile Devices”