Qmusic Folder Empty

iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Android
Shawn14
New here

Qmusic Folder Empty

Post by Shawn14 »

I have a TS-212P with one drive. In the "Multimedia" folder, I created a "music" subfolder where I placed my music files. I want to allow my friends to stream music from that folder with their mobile device using Qmusic. I was not able to figure out how to share the subfolder, but I was able to create a "music1" folder pointing to the \multimedia\music subfolder and share that. I can play music using my admin id with Qmusic from the \multimedia\music subfolder. When I login Qmusic with a test id, with the permission to read and write on the \music1 folder, I got the folder empty message. Can anyone point out what is the problem?
Shawn14
New here

Re: Qmusic Folder Empty

Post by Shawn14 »

Resolved. Got some assistance from online support to set up subfolder permission. I don't think the process is intuitive.
PepiX
New here

Post by PepiX »

Shawn, it would help if you could share what subfolder permissions were involved.. (In my case I made sure the folders and subfolders allow the user and his groups read the music files.. not helping at all.. the folder view is still empty)
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

PepiX wrote:Shawn, it would help if you could share what subfolder permissions were involved.
Unfortunately, the Media Library does not care much about subfolder permissions - only the shared folders permissions are relevant. All it's access applications like Music Station, Photo Station, and Video Station, plus their mobile companion Apps Qmusic, Qphoto, and Qvideo are feed by the Media Library database.
PepiX wrote:In my case I made sure the folders and subfolders allow the user and his groups read the music files.. not helping at all.. the folder view is still empty
Just the folder view - otherwise you can see Songs, Artist, Album, Genre, ...?
conney
Starting out

Post by conney »

Hi
I Have a problem with Qmusic and folders.
If I have logged in in Qmusic an press home and folders. It shows nothing.
But I have a lot of music. I can serch music and play it , but not throw folders.
Any ideas?

BR
Conney
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Hello Conney,

Yes, I've seen similar inconsistencies - Qmusic (Android) 2.1.0.1118 talking to Music Station 4.8.1 20160201 does show just a subset of folders effectively configured in QTS 4.2.1 20160201 Multimedia Management - Media Folders (in advanced mode) - either none or just the first one. Odd Music Station does not have a folder view (or I've missed it somehow).

Talking with QNAP already - please contact QNAP Customer Service on https://helpdesk.qnap.com (registration required) and file a ticket with a bug report. Mention MantisBT ID 8267 for reference.

Regards,
-Kurt.
razormoon
Easy as a breeze

Post by razormoon »

Rebuilt my NAS and realized that everything was working except for folder view in Qmusic (android). What I did to get it going was Control Panel >> Shared Folders >> Multimedia (root directory of my music folder) >> Edit Properties (the pencil icon) >> tick Media Folder.
:!: TVS-871-i7-16G 5.0.0.1932 Build 20220129, KODI, WSE 2019
:?: 1 x KINGSTON SNV325S2 as 2mb block cache, WDC WD40EFRX as RAID5, 1 x WDC WD40EFRX as iSCSI
:idea: APC PRO 1500 S
:-0 WIKI SUPPORT

"Nothing is impossible. Only expensive, illegal or both."
elmerbcanales
New here

Post by elmerbcanales »

Reset the software and add the musics once again
ashloh
Starting out

Post by ashloh »

I'm having the same problem... can't understand why it is so difficult to set up a simple pleasurable thing.. fekin annoying!!
Been trying for weeks

Return to “Mobile Devices”