ISCSI performance on ES1686dc

iSCSI related applications
dantell71
First post

ISCSI performance on ES1686dc

Post by dantell71 »

I have an ES1686DC running all flash and 3 larger windows 2022 servers connected via 25Gbps. I have 2 DELL 25Gbps switches setup redundantly. The QNAP has a dual 25Gbps card per node and the servers have Intel xxv710 dual port 25Gbps cards.

I have had a lot of issues with the QNAP, even shipping my disks to QNAP to have them verified that they were not causing my trouble. The system basically went offline multiple times and threw errors and shut down basically every component, even the fans were throwing errors. I got them all back, reset up the QNAP and slowly moved data back onto it. It's been running a couple of months and i havent leveraged the QNAP like i was planning on. None of the errors or failures have repeated, same disks, same qnap, newer firmware.

One of my cluster nodes is very slow on ISCSI (20-40MBps). I am running the identical setup on all 3 nodes. I am testing by dumping large files from ISCSI volumes to local NVMe storage. I am getting 1.5GBps on the other nodes. I am not seeing anything really in event viewer. I have checked and rechecked configuration (sessions, MPIO, etc), re-installed drivers, but not seeing much change.

I am going to have someone head to the data center and check cabling and ports etc. but hoping for some other troubleshooting tips i may be missing.

thanks
FSC830
Experience counts

Re: ISCSI performance on ES1686dc

Post by FSC830 »

Are jumbo frames enabled at the slow host?
If this is the single host which leaks of performance and physical components are checked, then its most likely an OS issue.

Regards

Return to “iSCSI – Target & Virtual Disk”