TS-453U-RP firmware upgrade

iSCSI related applications
solidmarte
New here

TS-453U-RP firmware upgrade

Post by solidmarte »

Hello,

I am in the need to upgrade the firmware of two TS-453U-RP currently in production environment

The first one is used as a file server and it should be almost straightforward to upgrade, I am going to upgrade it via the web control panel (live update).
What I am asking is if it is correct to upgrade in this way...

The second one is used as iscsi datastore storage in a vmware environment (vsphere/vcenter) and its not connected to the corporate network (web interface not available).
I noticed an hdmi out, is it possible to connect directly to the console?
I noticed also a console port ---> https://www.qnap.com/it-it/product/mode ... 66&event=2
I don't have such cable to connect, but in the case does it work for the purpose? How?

In both cases, would I encounter some upgrade issues? And if yes, what is the best rollback procedure? (if one exist)

thank you very much
storageman
Ask me anything

Re: TS-453U-RP firmware upgrade

Post by storageman »

453U-RP ISCSI, underpowered for ESXI. Hope your expectations are low.
solidmarte
New here

Re: TS-453U-RP firmware upgrade

Post by solidmarte »

expectations
Seems has worked fine for about 3 years... I have not build that system and I am going to manage but it is disconnected from the network and I am in the need to connect in some way to it... any suggestion? I have to connect it to network in some way or I can work via console?

Anyway the first 453U-RP is now up&running with the new firmware, it has correctly installed the new firmware and working like a charm

Return to “iSCSI – Target & Virtual Disk”