TS-859U ISCSI Default LUN Masking policy

iSCSI related applications
mai42356
New here

TS-859U ISCSI Default LUN Masking policy

Post by mai42356 »

Hello all, I am trying to clean out all the old settings mapping to LUN information in the default LUN mapping policy. We have replaced all the drives with brand new drives and are starting fresh. However, I cannot clear out old LUN information from the default LUN mapping policy list under "Storage Manager\iSCSI\Advanced ACL". I don't want to lose all my network settings and RAID configuration, so a total reset is not ideal. I just want to clear out old LUN information and start anew. There does not seem to be any utility to do this in the web gui. I am on version 4.2.3 the newest I believe. This is so frustrating, no way remove references to old LUNs that no longer exist. Can anyone help here?
storageman
Ask me anything

Re: TS-859U ISCSI Default LUN Masking policy

Post by storageman »

So delete doesn't work?
ISCSI STORAGE, ISCSI ACL
mai42356
New here

Post by mai42356 »

There is no delete inside the "Default Policy" edit window. I can highlight a LUN in the edit window and change access from read only, or read/write or no access. But there is no delete feature in that window. In the main window before that (root of "Main ACL") where all the policies are visible, there is a delete button, but when the "Default Policy" is highlighted, the "Delete" button is greyed out. It only allows for the custom policies to be deleted. That is not a problem per se, but I cannot remove the entire inside of the "Default Policy" that are no longer valid (do not exist any longer). Any more thoughts on this? I am beginning to wonder if this is a bug of some kind. I have tried firefox, chrome and IE, all have the sane results. WTF, I don't get it...
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

So there are no existing LUNs or targets?
I assume you have as here
"https://www.qnap.com/en-uk/tutorial/con ... one&cid=61"
mai42356
New here

Post by mai42356 »

Yes, I have digested that information. The problem is that INSIDE the "Default Policy", there are LUN entries that are legacy. In other words they used to exist, but have been discarded. As I said the array of disks have all been replaced and a new RAID 5 created. A fresh start if you will. So ALL of the old LUN entries no longer exist. BUT, I cannot remove the entries from the "Default Policy" object or container (whatever you want to call it). So my confidence in this configuration is not high, because of the phantom entries that cannot be removed....
mai42356
New here

Post by mai42356 »

To address your question, yes I have created a new LUN and a new target and it seems to be functional, but the entry is cluttered with additional old entries that no longer exist. When I created the new policy for my newly configured host, the program added into the NEW policy all of the old LUN definitions as well. BUT THEY DO NOT EXIST....
mai42356
New here

Post by mai42356 »

Is this something that must be managed by commandline through SSH perhaps?
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

It sounds like ISCSI.CONF is corrupt, have a look at these links or raise a ticket with Qnap.
viewtopic.php?t=19112
https://www.qnap.com/en-uk/tutorial/con ... one&cid=29

Return to “iSCSI – Target & Virtual Disk”