iSCSI Virtual Disk -

iSCSI related applications
robinaspey
Getting the hang of things

iSCSI Virtual Disk -

Post by robinaspey »

Hi,
I am migrating a lot of stuff to iSCSI to make it easier for me to run tools from a Windows pc. The LUN is formatted in NTFS
and then mounted to the same machines file system as a virtual disk. That seems to work ok, but copying falls over.

I copy files I want on the iSCSI NTFS drive direct to them with file manager, *but* quite often the copy fails even for small
amounts of files, which leads me to think its not to do with only having 2Gig of ram on this machine. It is getting upgraded
but thats another story. This is a TS-253 Pro - 2 gig.

The error message reads :
Error (2) : /virtual-iscsi/test to /usb/test
failed admin Move [HTTP]

I have double checked all of the folder permissions on the source shares, etc. Nothing to concern me. But this is very annoying
and while I could copy with WinSCP it should be possible to do this on the NAS itself easily.

Is there a problem with mounting an iSCSI LUN on the same machine ? .. and is there a problem with NTFS?

I know the tech support will probably say something to brush this off , but its a simple task and is there something obvious
I am doing wrong or a better way to copy between the SMB/NFS shares and the iSCSI drive on the same NAS. Should be simple
you would think.

Return to “iSCSI – Target & Virtual Disk”