Cannot change iSCSI ACL on TS-EC1280U v4.5.1.1495

iSCSI related applications
vanree
Starting out

Cannot change iSCSI ACL on TS-EC1280U v4.5.1.1495

Post by vanree »

Today I had an emergency and had to modify the iSCSI ACL and found I was not able to change the LUN access.
The entire LUN list in the window "Modify a Policy" is greyed out:
QNAP iSCSI ACL greyed out.png
I noticed in the firmware upgrade release notes this issue should have been fixed, but it is not for my TS-EC1280U running on v4.5.1.1495.
As workaround I managed to update the access list by manually editing the iscsi_trgt.conf file.
I tried to edit on Chrome and Firefox, both had the list greyed out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards, Edwin
k0nrad
First post

Re: Cannot change iSCSI ACL on TS-EC1280U v4.5.1.1495

Post by k0nrad »

Hi Vanree,

I have the same problem
Did you manage to resolve the issue with iscsi acl permission?

Regards, Konrad
Nurfball
First post

Post by Nurfball »

I also had this issue. The options are greyed out if there are active iSCSI connections. If you need to make changes, disconnect all clients first and then the options will become available.
zipler
Know my way around

Post by zipler »

This completely **. I have been struggling wit this for years... I have to turn off all my servers to add a host to an iSCSI ACL?

I guess I am going to call QNap about this, since there is no information in the GUI that having an iSCSI connection to a target greys out the options... If they are going o grey it out, at least inform us why so were not d!ck!ng around with things trying to figure out whats going on.

Everything else says "If you make changes such and such will be unavailable" before saving.
FSC830
Experience counts

Post by FSC830 »

I have had the same issue in a QTS 5.0.0.1858 version, but I was not sure, if I did something wrong.
Currently I am running 5.0.0.1932 and ACLs can be edited. In 5.0.0.1858 editing was also possible, but as far as I remember not for a single LUN (in the line of LUN as usual), a modification was possible in head of the row and affetcs all LUNs!
This was rather silly, because then all LUNs got the same modification, which was not intended.
I created a ticket for that and support was involved, but during runtime of ticket the current 5.0 version was released and issue disappeared!
Therefore ticket was closed without an satisfying answer.

So I guess QNAP did oncemore something weird in iSCSI handling in some QTS versions :| .
If there is no newer QTS version for ths NAS complain at QNAP and create a support ticket.

Regards

Return to “iSCSI – Target & Virtual Disk”