iSCSIAgent.exe

iSCSI related applications
nrmsmith
Starting out

iSCSIAgent.exe

Post by nrmsmith »

This has been loading since I upgrade to the latest Finder version. I don't use iSCSI so I guess I can disable it; but I can't see where it is loading from (I searched the registry but didn't find it is loading).

Does anyone know how/where to disable it?
nrmsmith
Starting out

Re: iSCSIAgent.exe

Post by nrmsmith »

Ah ok, got it.

It's in Task Scheduler...
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

What are you talking of here - NAS, Windows, OS X?
bugmenot3
Starting out

Post by bugmenot3 »

schumaku wrote:What are you talking of here - NAS, Windows, OS X?
Windows 7.

I'm also having that dialog box for administrator password everytime I log in to my account under Windows 7. Any workaround for this?
bugmenot3
Starting out

Post by bugmenot3 »

nrmsmith wrote:Ah ok, got it.

It's in Task Scheduler...
How did you do it, brotha?
larsahlstrom
Getting the hang of things

Post by larsahlstrom »

We can only guess....

My little "agent" is doing all sorts of stuff... But I do not have a SCSSi disk nor a SCSi interface anywhere.
NMostly it

I have a little pile of SATAs and a bunch of USBs...

I think I read that some genious mixed it all up, and now iSCSI is sort of common name for a systenwide general diskcontrol, or something I never had it explained what it is good for.
When SCSI came they where the fastest in the end of the 1989 somewhere... Fastest and could connect a bunch on one parallell rainbow cable... Then it got faster and faster, and those giant CENTRONICs contas went smaller and smaller....
So small that they vapourized out in the ether in space, and SATA took over with serial fantasmanizzimo.
But I guess there is a 64 bit balanced wire sort of I/F that surpass 6Mbits,,, :D

SMALL COMPUTER SYSTEM INTERFACE... wonder what ti new "i" stands for... "incredible" perhaps? :D

Well I will scan and browse and search os usual,,,, Maybe I cabn get the spot where I can let the weird iSCSIAgent rest and sleep. We´ll see.

I just saw a new update for Qfinder.exe... 4.2.2 Maybe that will be "greener" ? (Energy saving)
QNAP TS-459ProII, 4xWD 3TB RED's in RAID5, 1Gbit LAN, ZyXEL 16 channel switch, cable-modm 250Mbit, Win10 Pro 64, PC:4x3Tbyte WD Red's in RAID5, Seagate 8TB USB3, WD 4TB USB3, 2xWD3TBUSB3, Seagate Desktop Expansion, Trial screens 16:4, 24", 28", Tascam DM24 mix. to MOTU 2408II 24 channels to/from PC, Mackie Cntl Univ. motor-faders for soft-control, Wacom Intous2 A4 pad w. mouse-pen-airbrush, Epson PX800 print/scan, Plustec 7500 diascan, Samsung CLP650 ColorLaser, AVID MboxPro & ProTools 11, EMU 1820m ASIO audio intfc, 2xNE Maschine, Kurzweil PC88+ mastrkeyboard, Neon keyb, a bunch of synthesizers/controllers. Using BestSync 2015 Ultimate for network backups, and Antenna from Stormdance Website editor (like Paintshop, objectoriented).
larsahlstrom

Post by larsahlstrom »

New Qfinder... No difference what I can see right now so early.

QFinder.exe
iSCSIAgent.exe
NetworkDriveAgent.exe
nt.dll
gdiplus.dll
mswsock.dll

Are all files that is awake when qfinder is started. That should narmally be done one time when you search for your NAS.
It could also be used to log in to yournasname.MyQnapCloud.com to find that easy.

But why should iSCSIAgent and NetworkAgent (the men from U.N.C.L.E? :) ) be swimming around in my Process Explorer (sysinternals.com)
QNAP TS-459ProII, 4xWD 3TB RED's in RAID5, 1Gbit LAN, ZyXEL 16 channel switch, cable-modm 250Mbit, Win10 Pro 64, PC:4x3Tbyte WD Red's in RAID5, Seagate 8TB USB3, WD 4TB USB3, 2xWD3TBUSB3, Seagate Desktop Expansion, Trial screens 16:4, 24", 28", Tascam DM24 mix. to MOTU 2408II 24 channels to/from PC, Mackie Cntl Univ. motor-faders for soft-control, Wacom Intous2 A4 pad w. mouse-pen-airbrush, Epson PX800 print/scan, Plustec 7500 diascan, Samsung CLP650 ColorLaser, AVID MboxPro & ProTools 11, EMU 1820m ASIO audio intfc, 2xNE Maschine, Kurzweil PC88+ mastrkeyboard, Neon keyb, a bunch of synthesizers/controllers. Using BestSync 2015 Ultimate for network backups, and Antenna from Stormdance Website editor (like Paintshop, objectoriented).
larsahlstrom

Post by larsahlstrom »

Still waitong for a brilliant answer....

Nov 2014... Really? No help at all?
larsahlstrom

Post by larsahlstrom »

...still waiting. :)
randomwalk

Post by randomwalk »

The following command creates a new task which simply removes the "iSCSIAgentAutoStartup" task created by QNAP installer:

schtasks /create /TN "Remove_iSCSIAgent_Task" /TR "schtasks /delete /tn iSCSIAgentAutoStartup /f" /SC ONLOGON /IT

The above solution is persistent and works even after you update Qfinder with a newer version.
Keep in mind this solution does not terminate the actual "iSCSIAgent" service - it just prevents it from running in the future.

I suggest creating a batch file, execute it once, and then reboot your PC.

--
Cheers,

Return to “iSCSI – Target & Virtual Disk”