Compatibility IronWolf !0TB with TS-469 Pro

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
chrischambers
Know my way around

Compatibility IronWolf !0TB with TS-469 Pro

Post by chrischambers »

I hope that you can help as I have a small problem which I have been thinking about on and off.
At the moment I have a 469 Pro with a capacity of 12TB within a RAID 5 which I am running out of.

At the currency free storage space is around 4TB, and with my currently usage of space then I can see me running out of space within 6 to 8 mounts.

So, to resolve this I have been looking at a few difference solutions to see what the best options will be, in relation to cost. I have been looking at the Seagate iron wolf 10TB HD’s as I think that in the long run this could be a good option as, first it will expend my storage by 18TBs and also then I get to filling storage space then I can transfer the HD’s over to a large storage, plus this first out lay will only cost me around £1000 for all 4 HD’s

So, to my question

When I have a look at the compatibility list for my NAs I don’t see the 10TB IronWolf.
Has this been tested with my Nas Model.
If no will be it ?
I look forward to your reply.
Regards

Chris
-------------
QNAps = TS - 469 Pro
Firmware = 4.3.4.1463 Build 2020/10/06
RAID 5= 11TB | Disk1 = ST4000VN000-1H4168 | Disk2 = ST4000VN000-1H4168 |
Disk3 = ST4000VN000-1H4168 |Disk4 = ST4000VN000-1H4168

Other Storage = Unraid; Resources = Plex ; Grafana
seagate_surfer
Starting out

Re: Compatibility IronWolf !0TB with TS-469 Pro

Post by seagate_surfer »

Hello chrischambers. Found the QNAP comparability list https://www.qnap.com/en/compatibility/? ... category=1
]and those drives are listed. (ST4000VN000)

Is this what you were looking for?
Last edited by seagate_surfer on Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications
SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications
BarraCuda Drives for PC and Gaming
P3R
Guru

Re: Compatibility IronWolf !0TB with TS-469 Pro

Post by P3R »

chrischambers wrote:When I have a look at the compatibility list for my NAs I don’t see the 10TB IronWolf.
Has this been tested with my Nas Model.
If no will be it ?
I look forward to your reply.
This is a community forum where Qnap very rarely participate so don't hold you breath while waiting for an answer.

You can suggest a disk for testing at the bottom of the Qnap disk compatibility list. I'm not sure though if they'll still do compatibility tests for a relatively old model like TS-469 Pro but you can at least hope for it to happen.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”