DOM Apacer replacement

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
mikesk
New here

Re: DOM Apacer replacement

Post by mikesk »

90Ninety how have you managed do get the DOM connected, I tried the same but nothing happen .. thx
90Ninety
Know my way around

Post by 90Ninety »

mikesk wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:48 pm 90Ninety how have you managed do get the DOM connected, I tried the same but nothing happen .. thx
Connected to what ? The Qnap ( TS451) DOM terminal has a USB header , I connected it to my Linux PC , by cutting an old usb cable , then jumping it to the terminal of the DOM ( 5V , Transmit+ , Transmit-, GND)
mikesk
New here

Post by mikesk »

thank you I found a company in France who is providing USB adapter for DOMs ..
XabierV
New here

Post by XabierV »

90Ninety wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:40 pm
mikesk wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:48 pm 90Ninety how have you managed do get the DOM connected, I tried the same but nothing happen .. thx
Connected to what ? The Qnap ( TS451) DOM terminal has a USB header , I connected it to my Linux PC , by cutting an old usb cable , then jumping it to the terminal of the DOM ( 5V , Transmit+ , Transmit-, GND)
Could you share a wiring diagram? I'm suffering a similar issue and was thinking of trying the same route, but I'm not sure how the wires should be attached to the 8+1 pin connector. I'll search it eventually, but at the time I'm quite occupied, so a guiding hand would be very helpful and a time saver.
Thanks!
90Ninety
Know my way around

Post by 90Ninety »

XabierV wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:22 am
Could you share a wiring diagram? I'm suffering a similar issue and was thinking of trying the same route, but I'm not sure how the wires should be attached to the 8+1 pin connector. I'll search it eventually, but at the time I'm quite occupied, so a guiding hand would be very helpful and a time saver.
Thanks!
Hi Xabier
The DOM, like any other USB device actually only has four contacts, while the header is 8 pin ( for connecting up to two usb devices) , only four are used these are used , on one side
5V
GND
Data Transmit
Data receive

The Pinout of the header will be the same as any USB header , as shown
cpx108_2p3.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
XabierV
New here

Post by XabierV »

90Ninety wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:29 pm
Thanks!
Hi Xabier
The DOM, like any other USB device actually only has four contacts, while the header is 8 pin ( for connecting up to two usb devices) , only four are used these are used , on one side
5V
GND
Data Transmit
Data receive

cpx108_2p3.gif
Thanks! I'll report my progress once I manage to find time to tinker with it :P
90Ninety
Know my way around

Post by 90Ninety »

XabierV wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:00 pm
90Ninety wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:29 pm
Thanks!
Hi Xabier
5V
GND
Data Transmit
Data receive

cpx108_2p3.gif
Thanks! I'll report my progress once I manage to find time to tinker with it :P
Where are you from ? I could image one , and put it on ebay . It is not hard though

To figure out which side of the Header the DOM uses , you will just have to guess and try , it wont harm anything , as long as you get the 5V right

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”