Reasons to stay at BOOTING SYSTEM after upgrading QTS 5.0 RC and QuTS 5.0

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
wongleslie
Starting out

Reasons to stay at BOOTING SYSTEM after upgrading QTS 5.0 RC and QuTS 5.0

Post by wongleslie »

After upgrading QTS 5.0 RC and QuTS 5.0, the reasons for stucking in the “BOOTING SYSTEM" occasionally occur after the restarting (attaching solution)
In particular, this solution is not intended for users who want to use the Hybird Desk station app.
Read the premise of this post :①Upgraded the QTS 5.0 RC or QuTS 5.0 Beta ; ②Ability to access the system and connect to QNAP via SSH .
My NAS Configuration : QNAP TVS-872XT , i9-9900T CPU , 64GB Memory .
Current System Version : QuTS 5.0 Beta .
Problem Description : System stuck at "BOOTING SYSTEM" and no any reaction after upgrading QTS 5.0 RC or QuTS 5.0 Beta .
My own diagnosis process : ①Viewed the dmesg output and found one error message "failed to load i915/kbl_dmc_ver1_04.bin " ; ②Searched the file "kbl_dmc_ver1_04.bin" in Google and found the file is a HDMI/VGA driver ; ③The preliminary conclusion is that Kernel 5.0 does not support i9 CPU graphics drivers .
Solution : DO NOT to load the graphic driver when loading the kernel 5.0
Specific Steps : ①Mount the first partition of the DOM of your QNAP (Make sure that you have updated the latest version of the QNAP firmware before you execute this command) ;②vim /grub/grub.cfg ; ③Add the parameter "nomodeset" after "/boot/bzImage root/dev/ram0 rw " (/boot/bzImage root/dev/ram0 rw nomodeset); ④Save the file /grub/grub.cfg and restart your QNAP; ⑤Everything goes OK .

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”