TVS-882T (i5) GPGPU - QTS Mode ?

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
chriskuta
New here

TVS-882T (i5) GPGPU - QTS Mode ?

Post by chriskuta »

Hey, I've searched here and online and while I did find some info, I haven't been able to confirm that the TVS-882T support QTS Mode for GPGPUs so that it can do Plex (with a pass) video transcoding? QNAP list all the cards confirmed to work, but only list them as either Container Station / Virtualization Station or both. Assuming it is supported, do you need a specific card to get QTS Mode or would any listed Nvidia card generally work? I don't want to fork out $200-$300 only to find out that it doesn't work. Any help appreciated. Chris
dwadj
Know my way around

Re: TVS-882T (i5) GPGPU - QTS Mode ?

Post by dwadj »

Hi,
I have the 472xt with a gigabyte gt 1030 card in it, listed in the compatibility chart.
It is running the latest 5.0 firmware.
Since the nas performs quite a few tasks, I got frame skips in Kodi 18.9 (Ubuntu Station).
So I bought myself an extra gpu card so that Ubuntu Station would work through the Gpu card (ie in QTS mode) and main cpu (igp) is off loaded.
Unfortunately, there is no signal coming from the HDMI of the GPU card (only at boot there is), the dedicated HDMI port of the NAS only has signal for now (Ubuntu & Hd Staion)
GPU usage also remains at 0%.
I also tried VM and CS mode but also there no signal on the GPU's hdmi port.
Opened a ticket with Qnap, because according to the manual this should work.
QNAP TVS-472XT 8600T-16GB (Ballistix) QTS 5.0.1.2277
4x12TB WD120EFAX RAID5
1TB NVMe SSD Cache Corsair MP510
GPU MSI GTx 1050Ti Low profile.
chriskuta
New here

Re: TVS-882T (i5) GPGPU - QTS Mode ?

Post by chriskuta »

late reply -- sorry, did you end up getting anywhere?

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”