Linux Station and failure to use mic on webcams

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
Q*bert
New here

Linux Station and failure to use mic on webcams

Post by Q*bert »

Hiya,
Over the years I note there has been a few queries now concerning the microphone on webcams not working within linux station, none of which continued past the initial 'starting to fault test stage'.
(I presume this microphone issue is with all webcams, although all of the posts are with Logitech Webcams, however they are the most popular so...)
I have tried a 920 and a 930e both are to my belief UVC compatible: however, only the 920 shows as such here:http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/#:~:tex ... ing%20list.

cheese (app) does not show any settings for Audio so I tried guvcview, which I managed to install using "sudo apt-get update -y" then "sudo apt-get install -y guvcview"

Interestingly, guvcview does show that you can select usb audio if the Audio API is on PORTAUDIO (PULSE AUDIO quits). I have quit out using the button after trying these settings, and also tried clicking the hardware default option in settings (making sure the gui did not change from the portaudio and selecting usb audio changes), neither of which enabled the microphone to show as connected in Google Meet.. I didn't think they would, however I cannot find a setting in ubuntu settings to manually configure this as there is no webcam option.

With vid conferencing being the norm, I would really appreciate some aid to get this working, thanks all.

QTS 5.0.0.1828
Linux station 20.04, then updated 20.04.03 LTS
Logitech 920 & 930 : both work in windows and on mac
Blame it on my ADD baby: 1282 & 251D

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”