TS-228A does not work

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
antswa
New here

TS-228A does not work

Post by antswa »

Hello to all,
my ts-228A after about 4 years does not work. I tried to press the reset button but nothing happens. I tried to press the power button and you hear a long sound, but no led lights up. I tried the firmware recovery through the standard procedure, but nothing. I reprogrammed the bios, but nothing has changed. I ask you for help in trying with you to find the cause of the problem. Thanks in advance.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: TS-228A does not work

Post by dolbyman »

explain how you reprogammed the bios on an ARM device please

if your device does not start, the power supply or the NAS itself can be dead..swap the power supply or (sadly) swap the NAS
antswa
New here

Post by antswa »

Hi dolbyman, thanks for replying. I programmed the MX25L3206E chip with the ch341a tools. The power supply is working properly. I know that it is almost impossible to understand what happens to these nos (I have read that the same thing has happened to many users).
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Where did you get that image from? .. never seen them published by QNAP (you once in a while see BIOS files for x86/x64 units and the DOM recovery images from the website). Or is there a generic Realtek RTD1295 file that can be used ? (genuinely interested)

But if you have some tools, you could check for error messages.. like in this one

viewtopic.php?t=158267
antswa
New here

Post by antswa »

I found the dump on a Russian site. I had read that discussion, but unfortunately I don't have the Debian tools. I don't think you can build the board. I would also need the software.

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”