Multiple TR-004s recognized by Windows but not by External Raid Manager

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
spinner129
New here

Multiple TR-004s recognized by Windows but not by External Raid Manager

Post by spinner129 »

I have 4 TR-004s - each running in individual mode (hardware control) with drives in each bay.

They are all recognized by Windows and I can read/write to all of the drives without a problem.

The issue I am having and have had for a while now is that the External Raid Manager doesn't seem to recognize all of the TR-004s I have.

For example, ERM only lists 2 of the four units I have connected right now. I can reboot and from time to time a 3rd unit will show in ERM.

I have swapped cables, drives, hubs, USB slots, etc, etc.

Has anyone else come across this problem? I troubleshooted with QNAP support a few months ago and it was..less than fruitful.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Multiple TR-004s recognized by Windows but not by External Raid Manager

Post by dolbyman »

Doubt many people will use more than one or two TR units at a time (let alone in port multiplier mode) maybe that Control software just cannot handle it

If QNAP support cannot help, I doubt a community forum can
Last edited by dolbyman on Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spinner129
New here

Post by spinner129 »

in hardware mode, it's a basic port multiplier just like any other enclosure and the fact that it picks up a 3rd unit after reboot -sometimes- leads me to believe there is some sort of conflict going on that I can't get my head around.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

But you say the problem is only the software...the actual operation works fine ..correct?
spinner129
New here

Post by spinner129 »

dolbyman wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:17 pm But you say the problem is only the software...the actual operation works fine ..correct?
yes - it works fine in terms of operation (read/write) but this issue makes it impossible to upgrade the firmware, etc.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

What about connecting the enclosures individualy (just for updates of the firmware) .. wont fix the overall problem, but at least the firmware is up to date
spinner129
New here

Post by spinner129 »

I could do that yes - but I'm really curious as to why this is occurring and what I can do to fix it. I don't want to take apart of my entire rack every time I need to do a firmware upgrade.

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”