TS-469U can't recognize RAID5 HDD?!

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
wowhsieh
New here

Re: TS-469U can't recognize RAID5 HDD?!

Post by wowhsieh » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:25 pm

FSC830 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:35 pm
That is of course a worst-case. But it shows that "saving money" (for backup and equipment) can turn quickly in a more expensive outcome than expected.

Good luck if you will try this (at YOUR own risk!).
Dont take care about tht notes for HAL firmware at the end, this was just for me to remember the commands.
Unfortunately I cant add an attachment neither as .txt nor as .pdf, so I was forced to created screenshots :| .
Attachments are sorted in wrong sequence, look at them from ..01 to ..05!

Regards

Thanks for your reply, I will consider your suggestion (if the NAS owner reply that the data in NAS are not quite important)

wowhsieh
New here

Post by wowhsieh » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:15 am

FSC830 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:35 pm
That is of course a worst-case. But it shows that "saving money" (for backup and equipment) can turn quickly in a more expensive outcome than expected.

Anyhow I am a bit concerned about the md_checker output.
Here is an output from my Celvin Q902 (OEM name for TS-669) and it shows clearly that there is a HAL firmware installed:

Good luck if you will try this (at YOUR own risk!).
Dont take care about tht notes for HAL firmware at the end, this was just for me to remember the commands.
Unfortunately I cant add an attachment neither as .txt nor as .pdf, so I was forced to created screenshots :| .
Attachments are sorted in wrong sequence, look at them from ..01 to ..05!

Regards
I poweroff NAS and pull out first HDD, then poweron, use command

mdadm -AfR /dev/md0 /dev/sda3 /dev/sdb3 /dev/sdc3

then the RAID status "OFFLINE" turn "ONLINE", but GUI report can not detect HDD?!
Snap2.gif
Snap3.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FSC830
Been there, done that

Post by FSC830 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:07 pm

Very strange, in last screenshot from yesterday sda was the disk reported as missing, now it seems that raid consists by sda, sdb and sdc!??
At latest now I would wait until QNAP support finds a solution.
And I repeat my concern about the "legacy firmware", not sure, if here is something wrong we do not know. A TS-469 with version 4.3.4 should use a HAL firmware.

Regards
A raid is never a substitute for backup! Never!

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”