TR-004 and External Raid Manager

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
jack313
New here

TR-004 and External Raid Manager

Post by jack313 »

Ok, so here is an odd effect.

TR-004 connected to Windows computer.

I plug in 2 x 4TB Seagate Exos drives and configure as Raid 0. Everything is perfect. Drive W: shows up in Windows and the Raid Manager shows all is as it should be.

Now I plug 2 x 18TB Seagate Exos drives into position 3 & 4. Drives formatted as NTFS and configured in the Raid Manager as Raid 0. Drive X: now shows up in Windows and displays the correct size. It all works perfectly. However when I look in the Raid Manager it tells me that this Raid is not formatted and I should go to the computer and format the drives. So, clearly something is not right.

Next, from within the Raid Manager, I remove the first Raid group (Drives 1 & 2) which was Drive W: in the computer.

Finally, as if by magic, the Raid Manager now reports that the second Raid group (Drives 3 & 4) is actually formatted after all.

Is this a fault with the Raid Manager not being able to cope with 2 Raid groups in one TR-004?

Apart from that, this exercise has shown me that Seagate Exos 18TB drives do work in a TR-004, although not actually on their compatibility list.

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”