TS-251+ with TL-WN823N on BT Home HUb 4

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
venomuk
First post

TS-251+ with TL-WN823N on BT Home HUb 4

Post by venomuk »

Hello,

I am losing my mind! I am based in the UK, and have bought a TL-WN823N to connect via wifi to my new TS-251+ but although the dongle can see the wifi network it cannot join it. My wifi is a BtHome Hub 4. I have other devices on it both 5gh and 2.4ghz.

I am using WPA2, I have checked the password is correct and its using AES. I don't even get any error messages, its just hanging at connecting.

I am currently connected via Ethernet, and the Wifi Dongle is listed as compatible and I am running 4.2.1 firmware (the latest).

I tried DHCP being switched on with the BT HomeHub and the QNAP DHCP doesn't have any values set.

-- I had another USB dongle listed as compatible but it wasnt connecting either - is there a known issue with the homehub 4? Its on the latest (2015) firmware too.

I am at a total loss though, so any help warmly welcomed, and please don't flame me and say to use Ethernet :) I have my reasons!

----

In other news I have a HP 1320 LaserJet I cant use over the network but thats a smaller issue than the Wifi Connectivity!
Spider99
Experience counts

Re: TS-251+ with TL-WN823N on BT Home HUb 4

Post by Spider99 »

first - plug the dongle into a pc and will it connect? - i.e. does a £10 dongle actually do what it says?

have you got any form of mac filtering/dhcp filtering set on your homehub
Tim

TS-853A(16GB): - 4.3.4.0483 - Static volume - Raid5 - 8 x 4TB HGST Deskstar NAS
Windows Server + StableBit Drivepool and Scanner ~115 TB Backup Server
TS-412 & TS-459 Pro II: Retired
Clients: 3 x Windows 10 Pro(64bit)

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”