An irritating issue with an USB printer after migrating from TS-212P

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
hazartilirot
Starting out

An irritating issue with an USB printer after migrating from TS-212P

Post by hazartilirot »

Good day everybody....

I've migrated from my old TS-212P to a new TS-251. Everything seems to work fine although there's an issue that prevents me from using Konica Minolta 215 printer on (QNAPNAME)PR2 port.

Before migrating I've been using two USB ports at the back side of TS-212P, the QNAP used to assign names - QNAPPR2 and QNAPPR3. The first one I used for Konica Minolta 215, and Konica Minolta 163 was connected to the second USB port.
As I moved to my new QNAP, it now recognizes Konica Minolta 163 and shows the printer in (External Device -> USB Printer). However, as I plug USB cable of Konica Minolta 215 to TS-251 - it does show me a notification message that Konica Minolta 215 has been connected, but the problem is that for some no apparent reason it assigns 16th port (what I see in my Network is QNAPPR16 instead of QNAPPR2) and it's not in the list in External Device -> USB Printer section.

I can only utilize my printer when I install drivers again using just IPP (http://qnap_ip:631/printers/qnappr16)

I opened uLinux.conf (/mnt/HDA_ROOT/.config) and it seems to me that something went wrong in "Printers" section as I've moved my RAID-1 to the new QNAP.

Could it mix up settings? How can I solve the issue?

Would reset by pressing a button for 10 seconds resolve my problem? I somehow want to clear print-server settings in QNAP though I'm afraid of losing my data stored in HDDs.

Thanks! :ashamed:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hazartilirot
Starting out

Re: An irritating issue with an USB printer after migrating from TS-212P

Post by hazartilirot »

Here's my news.

I've connected to my TS-251 and tried to rearrange uLinux.conf parameters

As you can see at my image.png I've deleted everything that related to QNAPPR16 and assigned Konica Minolta 215 to the second port. As a result my printer started printing on qnappr2 port and it appeared in External Devices. However, when I restart the device, everything is exactly the same as it's been before (image2.png).
The system doesn't rewrite my changes, but it persistently assigns my printer back to the qnappr16. I think there must be something else....

Having tried to delete those parameters relating to qnappr16 again I can now see three printers in Network though there are two qnappr2 and qnappr3.

Dunno why qnappr16 is there (image3.png).

Any help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Overriding automatic UPnP detection can and will cause such issues. So yes, the problem remains for the users and other systems using the IPP that they have to reconfigure things.

What concerns me is that only one printer is detected after boot - this looks wrong to me.

What you see in the "Recent Places" are recent places (history, last used, ...) - don't remember if these are under active testing and would be greyed out if current offline or not available.
hazartilirot
Starting out

Post by hazartilirot »

TS-212P doesn't have the problem with both my printers having assigned ports correctly.
I tried pressing a reset button for 10 seconds - most settings were resetted, however the bug still persists with the PR16th port.
I don't know if it somehow relates to the latest firmware I've installed to TS-251 or the conflict relates to compatibility and is caused by swapping my HDDs from TS-212P to TS-251.
Should I have formatted my HDDs before migrating....? I don't know....

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”