Qnap Display Problem

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
Atlas555
New here

Qnap Display Problem

Post by Atlas555 »

I have an issue with my new Qnap TS 653B and my ability to display it to my Mitsubishi 82" DLP TV. The issue is overscan. The Qnap has Intel HD 500 graphics, but no graphics control panel that I can find. I tried using the GUI in Linux/ubuntu, but no matter how often I select 1920x1080, it keeps reverting to a 1280x720 output. (Not that the change would stop the overscan, but at least I might be closer). I am using an HDMI out from the Qnap. I am doing the same thing on a Dell PC with an Nvidia graphics card, and the Nvidia control panel allows the scaling I need to eliminate the overscan. No such luck so far with the Qnap. So I have two questions--is there a Linux-based Intel graphics control package that will let me scale my display? If not, can I get the job done using Xrandr? I guess I am not afraid to dig in and learn how to use Xrandr if what needs doing is possible, but I am not sure that it is. Thank you for your considered response. This is my first forum post anywhere, ever, so I apologize if I violated any protocols. Best!
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Qnap Display Problem

Post by dolbyman »

what video out part of the qnap are you using ?

HD Station
VM Station
Linux Station ?

HD station has an overscan option

http://docs.qnap.com/nas/4.3/cat2/en/in ... tation.htm
• HybridDesk Station in QTS:
o Output resolution: Change the resolution for the HybridDesk Station portal screen. Before you change this setting, please make sure that no apps are opened in the HybridDesk Station portal.
o Overscan: This setting can reduce the visible area of a video displayed on the HybridDesk Station portal. The higher the percentage, the more the visible area will be reduced.
Atlas555
New here

Post by Atlas555 »

I have been using Linux Station, because I assumed it would be more versatile. I originally installed HD Station, but never tried it to address the overscan issue. I will try it immediately. Thank you!
Atlas555
New here

Post by Atlas555 »

I have been using Linux Station, because I assumed it would be more versatile. I originally installed HD Station, but never tried it to address the overscan issue. I will try it immediately..................... Just tried it--worked like a charm. Now all I need is a working version of Kodi....................! Thank you again, Dolbyman--your the best.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”