TS-409 Pro

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
Dustproof
New here

TS-409 Pro

Post by Dustproof »

Hi all,

I am setting up a TS-409 Pro NAS with 4 Drives in RAID 6. I have gone through everything but I can't map a drive to the NAS, I can't find it in the Network but can Ping it with the address but not the Name. I have been through absolutely everything but can't get the Network to see it.

I can see other network devices but for some reason it is not registering with DNS and when I try to use the IP address to map a drive it tells me the devices is not accepting logins. I can login OK from the Web Page interface and see files using web file manager, I have been working on this for 2 days now and reset it several times.

I was thinking of a Firmware upgrade but can't find any firmware to download. I would hate to junk the NAS because of something that might be simple.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Noel :geek:
Don
Guru

Re: TS-409 Pro

Post by Don »

You do realize that this NAS is probably 10 years old, no longer supported, and hasn't received firmware updates in years.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
Dustproof
New here

Post by Dustproof »

Yes, I do realize that it is an old system but it works... to a point. If it is Stuffed, then it is stuffed and will be replaced but I would like to see if I can get this one to work first. I just want to make sure that I have done everything I can first before spending my customer money.

Thanks
Noel
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

Did you enable microsoft networking and create shares?

You are limited the the size of the drives the unit will support. Also with firmware that is many years old I am sure that there are many security holes that will never get fixed. I would not want to trust my customers data to a system that is old, out of support, slow, and vulnerable.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”