ts-228a no power

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
dannnnn
First post

Re: ts-228a no power

Post by dannnnn »

I am going through this problem currently. I have had this NAS for maybe 2mths. I went to Access it now and it is no power. no lights. nothing. I have taken the drives out and tried to start without them, I tried a 3 second reset and it did nothing. it is just dead.
I cannot acces Qfinder on my computer because it cannot find my NAS. I am running on a macbook, single port, I cannot find what firmware I am using as I cannot turn on my NAS or acces Qfinder and I do not know how else to find out. I just want it to power on and work as it should.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

go for a warranty swap then ....
slacaze
First post

Post by slacaze »

I also own this NAS, and at first I though it wasn't working. If I remember it wasn't powering on, and it started on its own the first time. It was really surprising. Or maybe I was pressing the wring button, the one below, can't remember. Anyway.

There when I wanted to restart it, it wasn't powering on, I started to think that maybe the external button doesn't press on the inside button, maybe the adjustment of the plastic cover is a bit off, I removed the cover to access the HDD, and tried to press harder, and it started.

So yeah, this NAS has a strange behavior. I was searching if it was under warranty, and I tried again and , did what I described and it worked.

So I don't know. I hope it will help maybe : /
I hope it will last a bit. If not I' ll move to a raspberry with open media vault or this kind of stuff.

When I read all the comments about the power issues for this NAS I though mine had the same defects.
I don't doubt that a lot have power on failure, but maybe there are at least two different issues that preventing the power on.

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”