5GBe to USB (qna-uc5g1t) Compatible with all qnap NAS? 4.3.6 or higher.

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
gggplaya
Been there, done that

5GBe to USB (qna-uc5g1t) Compatible with all qnap NAS? 4.3.6 or higher.

Post by gggplaya »

Hi, is the new qna-uc5g1t compatible with all qnap NAS's 4.3.6 or higher, assuming you have a usb 3.0 port on it? I have a 451+ and was considering buying 3 of these adapter for my PCs and my NAS, along with a netgear switch(MS510TX). But it doesn't show up on the compatibility list.
https://www.qnap.com/en-us/product/qna-uc5g1t
dolbyman
Guru

Re: 5GBe to USB (qna-uc5g1t) Compatible with all qnap NAS? 4.3.6 or higher.

Post by dolbyman »

I'd guess so .. I don't see any mention that it is limited to only some devices
QNAPJason
QNAP Staff

Post by QNAPJason »

Hi,
TS-451+ is supported.
TS-131/231/431/431U will not be supported.
gggplaya
Been there, done that

Post by gggplaya »

Thanks, I finally was able to run some CAT 6 cable between floors and install these onto my 451+, my windows 10 PC, and a netgear 10 port 10gigabit switch(MS510TX). The setup with the switch and NAS was easy peasy, plug and play.

The driver installation software in windows needs some work and some explanation when you download it. Perhaps a readme file to go along with the *.exe file. The installation is funky and what it does is creates a virtual disk on your computer. It took me forever until I accidentally saw it there on windows explorer. Once I saw it, I clicked on it and ran through the normal setup to install the driver.

However, after initial installation of the driver, I plugged it in and for some reason it created 2 instances of the network adapter labeling this one as #2. It would glitch out and sporatically go offline, taking 2-3 minutes until it reappeared online. I finally managed to uninstalled both instances of the adapter and plugged it in again. This time it only installed 1 adapter and now everything appears to be working beautifully. I guess these are the teething pains of a new product. I now have 5gbps from my NAS, which is fantastic.

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”