QNAP Won't Boot - Reboot Cycle

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
JustinS1
Starting out

QNAP Won't Boot - Reboot Cycle

Post by JustinS1 »

Hello, we have a TVS-872XT that's been working great, but it seems to have a major issue now. I was accessing it this morning no problem, then I could not connect at all. I went to the device and noticed that the "Starting Service" screen was on the display, and then it started rebooting every one second or so. After unplugging it and turning it back on, it will try to start for a minute or two, get to the "Starting Service" screen, then do the one second reboot cycle again. I would add a video I took but it doesn't look like that's supported.

Any ideas?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: QNAP Won't Boot - Reboot Cycle

Post by dolbyman »

does it boot without disks (into setup)

any output on HDMI ?
JustinS1
Starting out

Post by JustinS1 »

It gets a little further without the disks, I had a screen up on HDMI that wanted me to insert the disks. I did that and then the LCD screen said it was rebuilding the RAID. At the same time the monitor prompted me to install HybridDesk Station, and that's where it's at now. This is the longest it's been up (about 20 minutes) since I first noticed the issue. Wondering if this is a PSU related issue?
JustinS1
Starting out

Post by JustinS1 »

Also - not sure if this is related or not but the LCD screen is flickering slightly, the text will become faint then it will go back to normal. But most of the time it's faint. I don't recall that being a previous issue. Other LED indicators don't appear to be affected.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

HDMI is only to be used to check for any signal.

Now see the web frontend if the setup is loaded, if so inset the disks into the NAS while it's running, see if it comes back
JustinS1
Starting out

Post by JustinS1 »

Good news - it's up and running this morning and seems to be working ok. I can access the web frontend and it successfully repaired the RAID. I wonder if this was simply due to a system crash that it had a hard time recovering from. I have backup QNAP unit that's been running for 335 days straight, so maybe I need to start scheduling more frequent restarts.
JustinS1
Starting out

Post by JustinS1 »

Apparently I spoke too soon - my computer disconnected a few minutes ago and now it's doing the one-second power cycle thing again. Shipping it off to QNAP service today.

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”