UPS not being discovered on all USB ports

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
welldressed
New here

UPS not being discovered on all USB ports

Post by welldressed »

Hi,

so, after many years of running my QNAPs without an Uninterruptible Power Supply unit I have now finally gotten myself the first one (Eaton Ellipse Pro 850VA).
It seems to do what is is supposed to do.

However, the reason I am posting this:

My NAS (TVS1282T) has four USB ports on the back, over which the system failed to discover the attached UPS as an external device. Only when I attached the UPS to the front USB port it was finally shown as an external device in the control panel. Hence, only over this port the UPS can turn off or send the system into auto-protection mode.

Is this a common problem or the way it is expected to be?
Is there any way to activate any of the USB ports on the back of the NAS for the purpose of connecting the UPS?

Best regards,
Nick
Best regards,
Nick
smedpop
First post

Re: UPS not being discovered on all USB ports

Post by smedpop »

Nick-

I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Thanks
Steve
welldressed
New here

Post by welldressed »

Hi Steve,

unfortunately not...
I also have an older NAS running (TS-859 Pro+) on which I also tried connecting the UPS. Same result... it only works with the front USB port, not with the ports in the back.

It is quite annoying as this blocks the front USB port, i.e. quickly accessing the copy function for this port.

Should you find a way to use the rear USB ports it would be fantastic, if you could let me know. I have given up searching for solutions as it seems that QNAP has actually intended it to work this way...
Best regards,
Nick
praero
New here

Post by praero »

I connected a Phonetix (Eaton), this one only connects via front USB, however, says its an Omron UPS..., I quess it still works. but a shame rear USB does not work the same as front.

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”