QNAP TVS-872XT Dead, won't turn on.

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
LukeHuxham
New here

QNAP TVS-872XT Dead, won't turn on.

Post by LukeHuxham »

Hello everyone,

Today I restarted my QNAP TVS-872XT but when it powered back on the blue screen on the front came on for a few seconds then turned off, it did this about 4 or 5 times and would never power on. The QNAP was stuck in this cycle and kept repeating itself, never turning on but the blue screen flashed and it kept attempting to turn on. After this went on for a while, I waited for the blue screen to turn off then I pulled the plug out of the back of the device, let it sit for a minute or so plugged it back in and nothing happened. We took out all the hard drives, took out the ram, reseated the ram tried to power it on still nothing.

We took the case off to see if the mainboard had any lights on it and it was just red light. The QNAP refused to turn on, fans don't spin, absolutely anything. Our device won't boot on, nothing works so we don't know what else to do. We have seen online that a lot of people are having the same issues as us so we are unsure how to go about fixing this problem. :shock:

I have ordered a new PSU and I'm going to try that when it arrives but I'm hoping to get some advice.
I bought my QNAP in America but now I'm located in Japan, I have submitted a support ticket but nothing back from QNAP yet.

Thank you
dolbyman
Guru

Re: QNAP TVS-872XT Dead, won't turn on.

Post by dolbyman »

see here (forum search)

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=153097

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”