TS-h886 / QuTS memory usage question

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
Guapo81
Know my way around

TS-h886 / QuTS memory usage question

Post by Guapo81 »

Hi all,

On my TS-h886 I have 64GB RAM installed. Looking at usage of the memory normally this gives me the impression that everything is running fine.
This morning I received a lot of notifications that the machine had run out of physical memory and as a result certain processes had been stopped to free up memory.
Looking at apps and processes running I don't see a lot happening there where it comes to memory usage apart from VS, which takes approx. 11GB, but no problems to be seen so far..

When I go into system resources, I get a pop-up telling me that the usage of SWAP memory is too high and that I should either install more physical memory or kill processes using memory.
SysRes.png
Looking at the charts of the memory usage it makes no sense to me... As far as I can see the ZFS ARC is using strangly large amounts of memory (25GB) and I don't understand why it's using SWAP memory in the first place..,
since for all I can see it should have more than sufficient free memory left (Like 20GB or so)...
Am i missing something here?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
QNAP TS-h886-64G 2x Samsung 970PRO NVMe SSD (RAID1, System), 2x Samsung 860 PRO SSD (RAID1, VM) 4x Seagate EXOS X16 16TB (RAID5, Data) - FW: QuTS-hero
QNAP TVS-682-i3-32G 4x HGST HUH728060ALN600 (RAID5, Backup) - FW: QTS
QNAP TVS-463 4x Seagate ST2000VN000 (RAID5, Surveillance, Backup) - FW: QTS
Former units: TS-469Pro, TS-459ProII, TS-269Pro, Qgenie
lzyla
New here

Re: TS-h886 / QuTS memory usage question

Post by lzyla »

hi.
Have you solved this?
My ts-h973ax on latest quts hero 5.0.1892 has the same behaviour.
My system is also similarly specced and I barely use it (2 home users and some docker/vms).
It has 64 gb ram with 2 running VM consuming 16gb,
Swap is almost 20 gb with ZFS eating 32gigs.
I am running RAID10 on hdds and ssd mirror for system volume.
qnap_mem.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”