TS-H886 issue when using 2 PCIe addon cards

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
jon09
New here

TS-H886 issue when using 2 PCIe addon cards

Post by jon09 »

Hi everyone, new member here

I have an issue with my unit and QNAP support has been worthless so far, even though it's been months already and they were able to reproduce the issue. I was just wondering if maybe others were sucessfull with different addon than mine, so I could get replacement parts.

I have a TS-H886 with 6 x HDD (Seagate Exos), 2 x Sata SSD (Samsung Evo), 2 x NMVe (Samsung Evo). I then bought 2 PCIe addon
1. QXG-10G2T-X710 (10GB Network addon)
2. QM2-2P-384 (NMve addon)

If I use only 1 addon (no matter the PCIe slot), it's working fine. But it's not working with both.
Last test I did, I used the QXG-10G2T-X710 only and both connections worked. Then I addded the QM2-2P-384 (WIth NO SSD), And only one connections was working. The other showed "Disconnected". When I added 2 NMVe on the addon, I lost the remaining connections.

The TS-H886 is supposed to have 2 x PCIe Gen3 x8. Both card should be able to work ? Am I missing something here?

I've been waiting for this since March, and QNAP engineers don't seem to have a clue or an explanation for me. But they were able to replicate the issue when using the same setup as mine, so it's not an issue with my unit only.

Is someone using a similar setup as mine without this issue (with maybe different addons?)

Thanks!
jon09
New here

Re: TS-H886 issue when using 2 PCIe addon cards

Post by jon09 »

So finally got a glimpse of hope from QNAP support. It seems the issue is related with the PCIe drivers on the board. QNAP are in touch with the manufacturer, and they will release a custom build for me. And after that they will implement the fix for the next release. Hopefully this will fix my issue and I will be able to start using my unit

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”