tl-d800c USB issue

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
tafkas
New here

tl-d800c USB issue

Post by tafkas »

Hi,

I've had a tl-d800c playing nicely with my TS-h973AX since December, but since a few days ago it has been detected as USB2.0 and is showings as incompatible hardware. Thinking that the USB-c cable must've developed a fault, I bought a new one but have the same problem. Where do I go from here - is it a support case?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: tl-d800c USB issue

Post by dolbyman »

Best to open a support ticket yes...qnap does not come here
tafkas
New here

Post by tafkas »

Remarkably this worked - I had rebooted several times (and it was a few days after the firmware update) but not powered off for 5 minutes:
All NAS Series
All QTS Firmware Versions

If you found that after firmware update any of the USB ports in the NAS (Back and Front) do not detect any of the devices (either previously detected), try the following steps:

1. Shut down the NAS first and after 5 minutes turn it on again (not reboot the NAS). Then check if the NAS is able to detect the devices again.
2. If the issue persist, try to reinstall the latest firmware again and check if the issue is resolved.

You can download the firmware image from https://www.qnap.com/en/download, then use Qfinder Pro to reinstall it. If you do not know how to install it, please check the instructions in this guide: https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial ... -firmware/
dhighway
Starting out

Post by dhighway »

tafkas wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:04 pm Remarkably this worked - I had rebooted several times (and it was a few days after the firmware update) but not powered off for 5 minutes:
All NAS Series
All QTS Firmware Versions

If you found that after firmware update any of the USB ports in the NAS (Back and Front) do not detect any of the devices (either previously detected), try the following steps:

1. Shut down the NAS first and after 5 minutes turn it on again (not reboot the NAS). Then check if the NAS is able to detect the devices again.
2. If the issue persist, try to reinstall the latest firmware again and check if the issue is resolved.

You can download the firmware image from https://www.qnap.com/en/download, then use Qfinder Pro to reinstall it. If you do not know how to install it, please check the instructions in this guide: https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial ... -firmware/
Thanks for this - I'm going to try it! I'm at my wits end just trying to get my external USB drives connected to do backups of my TS-431P!!!

This seemed to coincide with my upgrade from QTS 4.5.4 to 5.x and taking QNAP's advice to disable the admin user account! I've now downgraded back to 4.5.4, but still no joy.

BTW, if 1. doesn't work and I reinstall the firmware (I guess 4.5.4 in my case) as you suggest in 2., what then if it still doesn't work ... any other ideas?

TIA,
DH
dhighway
Starting out

Post by dhighway »

Nope - did not work. If I connect the USB drive then reboot, it will detect it. Otherwise, No. :(
hsaptus
New here

Post by hsaptus »

I have the same issue. Nothing is detected in the USB ports after this firmware update. There goes my network printer :(
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Printserver function was removed in QTS 5
hsaptus
New here

Post by hsaptus »

dolbyman wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:29 pm Printserver function was removed in QTS 5
Damn!!!! That is really stupid :| . I just bought qnap... And I was considering synology...bah!

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”