Performance issues Fibrechannel

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
heldchen
New here

Performance issues Fibrechannel

Post by heldchen »

Hi,

i bought a new TS-H2483XU-RP with a QXP-16G2FC Fibrechannel adapter and 12 Seagate 16TB ironWolfPro which are listet in HCL.
Firmware h4.5.4.1771 is installed (First i tried with 1669).
I took in 2 Intel Server SSD for System in Raid 1 as Pool 1 and 11 of my 16TB HDD as Raid6 as Pool 2, last 16TB as Spare.

I tried 2 Servers, one with Qlogic adapter 16GB and Windows 2019, all drivers etc and one Server with Emulex 8GB FC adapter and Windows 2016.
With both of them the transferrates are a desaster. No switch , direct connect! I am not new at FC world, i have some Storage environments, datacore vplex etc.

Transfer starts sometimes with 1,5gb/s bit then it sinks to 0, rises again to at max 100mb/s. Same pool with 10GB iSCSI 300mb/s (Not as fast as it should be, but much faster than fc). No deduplication no kompression, testet with 128kb block sitze, 64 and 32, all the same effect....

I made a supportticket out of Helpdesk of this nas, with supportbundle at Monday 8.30 a.m, response at thursday 5.30 p.m with question which fc card i use. I wrote this, i wrote 16GB, the only 16GB card which qnap offers is the one i use, and now i have to wait another week. And all although i got a supportbundle with my ticket for qnap!This is what you get as support für 6000€ Storage + 1000€ Fibrechannelcard. Shame on you Qnap. Service Hotline in Germany is much much worse than the badest you can imagine, and you have to pay 1.5€/min for it.(No, this problem we dont talk about at hotline, please make a ticket)
Sorry Qnap, with such a support you have nothing to do with enterprise, go back to your livingroom stores..... I have 3 Bigger ones from Qnap, 16 and 24 Slots and both are very good for years and now, but the new one is a catastrophe.

I tried to change the FC card to Qlogix2692, and it works a bit faster but not enough. But with original card, sometimes the presentet Lun went way from server and i had to restart server ad storage to get it work again, and new made luns werent seen by server without restart, this two issues went away with qlogic adapter. But the whole situation isnt good at all.

Has anyone any suggestion for me what to do?
Thisisnotmyname
Easy as a breeze

Re: Performance issues Fibrechannel

Post by Thisisnotmyname »

I'm having performance issues with my latest QuTS unit as well. My performance issues only present across the wire, local performance within the box itself is fine. Have you SSH'ed into the unit and measured read and write speeds locally? I'm starting to suspect that the network stack on QuTS has issues.
heldchen
New here

Re: Performance issues Fibrechannel

Post by heldchen »

No, not locally, but as i wrote, via NSF the Performance is much better.
But thanks for this hint, i will test it!

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”