Help Please - 169 private address no access

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
StardustOne
Know my way around

Help Please - 169 private address no access

Post by StardustOne »

This is an absolute nightmare, it happens now with one of my TS-431+, it always reverts to 169..254.12.254. Why? None of my network components has this range. i connect the NAS to the switch. It gets this address. I am not able to access it anymore.

I am transferrring all my data to the other NAS vendor that has better software, not better hardware, but better software is more of value than better hardware. It is an unbelievable inexpensive brand with unbelievable buggy software.

My problems started with the firmware upgrade to 4.5.4.1787, after the update, I was not able to reach my TS-431+ anymore.
Don
Guru

Re: Help Please - 169 private address no access

Post by Don »

Topic split due to necroposting.

Not a lot of info to go on.

What does your network look like? How is your NAS configured? Is there a DHCP server on the network? What troubleshooting have you done? Etc, etc, etc.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”