TS-651 Solid green LED but does nothing anymore, no power, no Fans

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
DPG2000
New here

TS-651 Solid green LED but does nothing anymore, no power, no Fans

Post by DPG2000 »

Hello,
i just turned my nas off to clean the hdmi port on the back with isopropl alcohol, after letting it dry for a solid 5 min with air blowing past it i tried turning it back on but it literally does nothing when pressing the power button.
when plugging it in the green light turns on in the front but when trying to power it on it does nothing as if im not even pressing the button, but i find it odd that the light even is green because if its turned of shouldnt it just be completly blank and no leds lighting up?
if anyone knows what the frick is going on, any help would be appreciated, there is kind of sensitive data on this.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: TS-651 Solid green LED but does nothing anymore, no power, no Fans

Post by dolbyman »

Sounds like the LPC death

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=157459
DPG2000
New here

Post by DPG2000 »

well, my unit had it when i recieved it and i did the workaround woth the resistor, and when it had that error all the drivebays were red even without any drives in them and the fans were at full blast, this is something different, because its just green but does nothing as if the power button is broken, but i measured it with a multimeter just now and the button works fine so its something else, it just doesnt turn on, it gets standby judging by the green light and ethernet lighting up but not turning on at all
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Well that was information not provided...important data needs backups..a lesson often learned with tears

If that NAS is now fully busted, check your migration options.

https://www.qnap.com/en/nas-migration

In the future have backups at all times
DPG2000
New here

Post by DPG2000 »

Yeah, i kinda forgot that i did it, sorry for not mentioning.
But is it really dead? Because it just seems strange to me that it just doesnt do anything and seems like it is in normal behaviour just not turning on.
is there some way to reset the BIOS or try some other methode of sending a turn on signal, maybe WOL or something (if even supported)
i pointed a fan on the open nas to maybe dry out some residual moisture (but probably wont do anyhting)
dosborne
Experience counts

Post by dosborne »

You could try pulling the drives out, then try powering on. Also, try removing the power cord physically for 15 minutes.
QNAP TS-563-16G 5x10TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD Raid-5 NIC: 2x1GB 1x10GbE
QNAP TS-231P-US 2x18TB Seagate Exos HDD Raid-1
[Deadbolt and General Ransomware Detection, Prevention, Recovery & MORE]
DPG2000
New here

Post by DPG2000 »

I am gonna leave it without power and cmos battery for the night and see if it works tomorrow.
Wish me luck :|
DPG2000
New here

Post by DPG2000 »

Good news everyone,
Today when i plugged it in and pressed the power button it turned on right away like it did before cleaning the port, i guess it was peobably just some soft crash of maybe the bios or something and it took some time to drain out the caps.
But it works now and i can access it again, and will definitly backup my work now.
I knew that this nas isnt that reliable because of that clock issue and i did do backups but the last backup is over a week old and i do work on it because I have a ssd only raid for speedier editing and stuff.
Is there maybe a way to automate backups to a external smb share?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

scheduled backups are done via hbs3

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”