Starting out

Re: Report your printer that doesn't work with QNAP NAS

Post by daniel.benjamins »

Current firmware version: 3.7.3 Build 20120801
itgeek
New here

Post by itgeek »

My Canon PIXMA iP6600D is not working with my TS212 model. It was working, which is the odd thing. Nothing changed that would matter. The last time is worked was before I migrated from a single disk configuration to a RAID 1. As I said, that change should not matter. The printer works when direct connected. The QNAP device can see that a USB printer is connected and there are no error from the QNAP, printer or network client workstation. The print job simply queues locally even though I can see and connect to the print server be served by QNAP. What the heck!
fblogic
First post

Post by fblogic »

My QNAP TS-412 doesn't work with HP LaserJet P-1102
It doesn't appears at printers list..
fcardull
First post

Post by fcardull »

My printer CANON I905D doesn't work with QNAP 119PII.
Please help me!
rjmusto
Starting out

Post by rjmusto »

Lexmark P4350 and Mac OSX 10.6

Installs ok and is listed on the Mac, but no print output appears.
royk
New here

Post by royk »

So,,, 26 pages of printer problems (including me) and no solution so far?

My HP F4580 was working fine before the update to 3.7.3 and now he can not find the printer but can see him. Very weird... but a pain in the a$$. I need my printer a couple of times a day.. and this is a very unhandy and unhappy situation. What to do?
pdunz
First post

Post by pdunz »

resta wrote:Instructions on Installing HP LaserJet P1102

The printer has a built-in fake CD-ROM feature which prevents it from working correctly on non-Windows PCs. Once it is connected to a Windows PC, a CD-ROM appears containing Windows drivers. In order for HP LaserJet P1102 to work correctly on a non-win PC, you must disable this feature.

1.Connect the printer to a Windows PC. (Unfortunately you have to connect it to a Windows PC which is too bad.)
2.Insert the original driver CD. (The physical CD-ROM that ships with the product, NOT THIS FAKE CD-ROM).
3.Run SIUtility.exe or SIUtility64.exe from UTIL folder to disable this fake CD feature. (It's called “HP Smart Install”

Now, life becomes easier. Connect your HP LaserJet P1102 to your NAS.
Thanks for this, I've been scratching my head at getting my P1102 to work, followed your instructions to disable HP-Smart Install and bam - TS-112 picked it up straight away.
zatarra77
Starting out

Post by zatarra77 »

Hi there
I have just bought a TS212 and upograded to the last firmware version.
My canon selphy CP800 doesn't work with the printer server. I followed the instruction on the manual but when I try to print, I obtain this error message on my imac (connecting the printer directly to the iMac, it works):

canon selphy cp generic
Connection method not supported
gerbenv
First post

Post by gerbenv »

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my hp Deskjet F2200 series on my QNAP ts 412 turbo on OSX. When I print the printjob appears on the webinterface as completed but the printer doesn't print.
This problem doesn't accure when I print from Windows 7 or Ubuntu.
Dutchottie
New here

My Canon iP4200 works - how I did it

Post by Dutchottie »

Okay, after failing to get my iP4200 working on my TS412 from my iMac, I tinkered around a bit and got it working. Thought I'd share it:

Delete your current instances of the printer in your System Preferences-Print & Scan
Then either
1) Press the + button and call up the new Add window, if that doesn't happen (you just get a drop down list) do 2)
2) Go into your QNAP admin and disables the Bonjour option for your printer, press Apply. Then press the + button on the Print&Scan window, then go back into your QNAP admin and turn the Bonjour on again (don't forget to press Apply).
The printer should now be visible in the Print&Scan-Add window.
Select it and change the name and location if you want.
Now DO NOT use Airprint but choose the correct printer driver for your printer. If it's in the Apple list, choose Select Printer Software and find your printer. Otherwise have a Mac print driver disk ready.
Then Add the printer.

That's it for me. This issue seems to be in the printer driver OSX uses. By default the Airprint didn't work for me (it did connect to the printer but nothing got printed), but the printer specific driver did.

Hope it helps someone.

Cheers,

Dutchottie
alflopesrj
New here

Post by alflopesrj »

I have Epson Stylus photo T50 plugged on my TS-112. The printer works fine, i can print everything but the ink level monitor and the maintenance software doesn't work.
Does anybody knows how to help solve this problem?

Regards,
Antonio
drbob49
New here

Re: My Canon iP4200 works - how I did it

Post by drbob49 »

Dutchottie wrote:Okay, after failing to get my iP4200 working on my TS412 from my iMac, I tinkered around a bit and got it working. Thought I'd share it:

Delete your current instances of the printer in your System Preferences-Print & Scan
Then either
1) Press the + button and call up the new Add window, if that doesn't happen (you just get a drop down list) do 2)
2) Go into your QNAP admin and disables the Bonjour option for your printer, press Apply. Then press the + button on the Print&Scan window, then go back into your QNAP admin and turn the Bonjour on again (don't forget to press Apply).
The printer should now be visible in the Print&Scan-Add window.
Select it and change the name and location if you want.
Now DO NOT use Airprint but choose the correct printer driver for your printer. If it's in the Apple list, choose Select Printer Software and find your printer. Otherwise have a Mac print driver disk ready.
Then Add the printer.

That's it for me. This issue seems to be in the printer driver OSX uses. By default the Airprint didn't work for me (it did connect to the printer but nothing got printed), but the printer specific driver did.

Hope it helps someone.

Cheers,

Dutchottie
Many thanks - used your method and it worked with Canon i865 using Gutenprint i865 driver in place of the offered Airprint driver

Bob
gigillo73
New here

Post by gigillo73 »

Hi. Since six months my HP F4180 no longer works over network ... I suppose that the new HP drivers doesn't match with Qnap.
My firmware is 3.5.1 buld 1002T. Is it mandadtory to update the firmware to solve the problem?
Thanks.
Luigi
DoDevil
First post

Post by DoDevil »

Ohhhh I Can't See My Post You Can Help Me ???
inc_script
New here

Post by inc_script »

Dear QNAP,

I have Epson Photo Stylus 1390, but unfortunately it doesn`t work properly on QNAP TS-419PII (firmare 3.8.1), I check that the NAS device already listed on QNAP Compability list.

Any advice how to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,
Inc_Script

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”