Extremely slow read/write speeds over local network TS-251

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Extremely slow read/write speeds over local network TS-251

Post by dolbyman » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:38 am

what is the upload speed at the location the NAS is at ?

panos.results
New here

Post by panos.results » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:47 am

6 Mbps is my upload speed, as tested by my laptop connected via ethernet to the router. If my math is right, I'm getting about half of that when downloading remotely.

schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:41 pm

panos.results wrote:432 kb/s at home when downloading the 100MB test file.

60 Mbps download speed at home.

panos.results wrote:6 Mbps is my upload speed, as tested by my laptop connected via ethernet to the router. If my math is right, I'm getting about half of that when downloading remotely.

panos.results wrote:When accessing remotely, I am using the link for file manager, file.qlink.to/nasname.

Always using some crazy cloud features to "download" this test file? If your file does loop over an intermediate system by myQNAPcloud/CloudLink the 432 kB/s make about sense, these are some 5.4 MB/s your Internet uplink can provide.

Or should this be the performance of the really aged WiFi?

Anyway, when using file.qlink.to/nasname from the same (W)LAN, the system should be able to detect that the NAS is on the local network, and establish a direct connection.

peetor
First post

Post by peetor » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:44 am

I had the exact same problem. I narrowed it down to the QNAP NAS but all settings were default and AOK. One think I did do was to encrypt the drive drive. I knew this slows down read read/write speeds but had no idea it was so drastic. After decrypting the drive (formatting it in the QNAP admin page) read write speeds went from 80-100Mbs to around 800Mbs- Or close to GB speeds! Good luck!

Return to “File Sharing”