Cannot select or modify shared folder

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
andreiz
Starting out

Cannot select or modify shared folder

Post by andreiz »

I have a shared folder set up for Time Machine backups. I haven't looked at the Shared Folders panel in a while, but today I went to check on its permissions and the checkbox is disabled. I can't select or do anything with the folder via the UI, even when logged in as admin. See screenshot below.

Any idea what might be going on and how to fix it?

andreiz
Starting out

Re: Cannot select or modify shared folder

Post by andreiz »

Bump. Any ideas why this might happen? I can probably ssh in as admin and just remove the shared folder from the drive and /etc/smb.conf, but would rather not have to back up 200G again.
jcfergus
New here

Post by jcfergus »

I have the same issue. I even tried removing the folder from the NAS console (SSH), which seemed to work, but the shared folder still shows in File Station and Privilege/Shared Folders. My shared folder has the same name as above and appears like other system folders, except even the system folders have other icons associated with them. The TMBackup folder still shows in MacOS as a connected Bonjour computer.
I've changed my backup strategy and no longer need the shared folder.
andreiz
Starting out

Post by andreiz »

TMBackup folder is created when if you have TimeMachine backup set up in Hybrid Backup Sync app. If that's the case, you should be able to disable it from there.

Return to “File Sharing”