Guest access sharing folders without login username/password on TV-h973AX/TVS-h1288X

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
maggi169
First post

Guest access sharing folders without login username/password on TV-h973AX/TVS-h1288X

Post by maggi169 »

Hello,

maybe someone can help me.

I have the problem, that I don't get access WITHOUT enter a password with guest account on my QNAP TV-h973AX NAS (and the same on my new TVS-h1288X). I've been trying to set it for days/weeks now but i don't get it!
I use the latest QuTS hero h4.5.4.1813 at the moment.

I gave "guest account" full permission to the share folders but it still keep asking for a password.
I want to be able to open these share folders from Windows Explorer or my Zidoo Z9X mediaplayer or any other client connected to my LAN without asking for password! The access to all other folders on NAS are protected with a password.

When creating the folder for guest access, I made sure that "full access" or "read/write" is allowed.

Also I have change the setting under "Control Panel => Network & File Services => Win/Mac/NFS => Microsoft Networking => Advanced Options => "Restrict anonymous users from accessing SMB shared folders" to "Disabled. Anyone can view the shared folder list. Guest account can access folders with permission"

With my old TS-459-Pro + with QTS 4.2.6 this works without any problems. There is no password query when I click on the shared "Public" folder with guest access.
But on the TV-h973AX or TVS-h1288X with QuTS hero, I don't get access without enter a password!

I have reboot the NAS several times and reset and set the settings again, that I've made. But nothing works. :(
SMB ist set on 3.0.

At the moment I think, this is an issue in the QuTS. Or is there a setting in the QuTS, that I haven't seen, or something else?

Thanks,

maggi169

Return to “File Sharing”