Qsync: Version Control for a shared folder?

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
athinaok
Starting out

Re: Qsync: Version Control for a shared folder?

Post by athinaok »

bonzo_bvd wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:23 am Hello.

I have TS-212P model with 4.3.3.0095 firmware and I can confirm that there is file versioning of shared folders. Unwanted (in my case) and undocumented as far I know.

I have realized because my NAS has almost 200Gbytes of missing free space. I decided to inspect by SSH and found the folder /share/HDA_DATA/.versioning/HDA_DATA/homes/[USER] where a lot of files are kept from my home folder. This is causing a lot of trouble to me because It is keeping versions of bittorrent downloads using Transmission (and I need the 200 gigs occupied by those junk files!). According to documentation, version control is enabled only on qsync folders: https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial ... opbox-does

The "/share/HDA_DATA/.versioning/" folder is not visible in File Station, only by SSH. Also, File Station only show versions for files in the qsync folder although it keeps versions of many other files from the home folders. Disabling version control from qsync configuration DOES NOT remove files from the .versioning folder. Versions from home folder AND qsync folders are kept even when I disable that feature and reboots the NAS. Why?

My solution was to enable Version control but unable only folder in my qsync folder. This trigger the system to delete versioning from all the folders except the selected.
This is a bug thow and it must be resolved
OneCD
Guru

Re: Qsync: Version Control for a shared folder?

Post by OneCD »

* topic locked to prevent further necroposting *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “File Sharing”