Can't connect from Win 10 to previously connected NAS folders

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
tomiisek
Getting the hang of things

Can't connect from Win 10 to previously connected NAS folders

Post by tomiisek »

Using my old router, my NAS folders were mapped to the different drives with Reconnect at sign-in.
Now I installed new router and address of my NAS has changed so all mapped drives stopped working so I removed all of them.
I tried to map NAS folders to the drives again but is not possible for any of previously mapped folders, I can map only folders that were not mapped previously.

When trying to map any of previously mapped folders I always receive this error message:

The network folder specified is currently mapped using a different user name and password. To connect using a different user name and password, first disconnect any existing mappings to this network share.

There is no difference if I use NAS name or new IP address - it works for previously not mapped folders and doesn't work for previously mapped folders.

Can anyone help me, please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TS-873A RAID6
TS-653B RAID5
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Can't connect from Win 10 to previously connected NAS folders

Post by dolbyman »

remove all drive maps and check your credential storage (remove previous credentials)

then reboot the pc and try again

why did you not just keep the old ip range of the new router?..should have been a few clicks only

Return to “File Sharing”