Qsync renames files and folders arbitrarily appending with _conflict_(0)

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
Phoenix!
New here

Re: Qsync renames files and folders arbitrarily appending with _conflict_(0)

Post by Phoenix! »

Hi all,

I am experiencing the same problem since a few weeks and my documents are becoming a mess. I work with a MacBook Pro (macOS Big Sur) and a windows laptop, this phenomenem occurs on both devices.
Has anyone found a solution to solve this?

Maurice
pcroozen
Starting out

Post by pcroozen »

Hi Maurice,

I have an open ticket with QNAP support. Each response is the next day or so. Hopefully they can shed some insight without needing access to my NAS. (That was requested, but I do not want unknown people on my NAS. I did supply a lot of logs and keep my fingers crossed.)
If you also have another tool syncing the same dirs (like dropbox) that is a problem I was told. But that is not the case for me.

Patrick
Phoenix!
New here

Post by Phoenix! »

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your answer an I curious if there is some developing in your case?
My experience with QNAP support isn't that good. They needed access to my Nas to give me an advice how to change the raid configuration. When I asked them what the IP range was from where they were going to access my NAS they couldn't give that due to privacy issues. For the record, my nas is behind a firewall and is not reachable from the internet. At the end I gave them access during a time window access but got lousy advice that took days to got to me. After 2 and a half weeks and no solution from QNAP I started a new configuration.
Hope your experience is better :-)

Maurice
Scooty70
First post

Post by Scooty70 »

Hey having exact same issue. Latest client. Mac up to date. Only happening on the Mac client and not the Windows clients.
If anyone has any resolution let us know, quite frustrating
pcroozen
Starting out

Post by pcroozen »

Phoenix! wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:06 am Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your answer an I curious if there is some developing in your case?
My experience with QNAP support isn't that good. They needed access to my Nas to give me an advice how to change the raid configuration. When I asked them what the IP range was from where they were going to access my NAS they couldn't give that due to privacy issues. For the record, my nas is behind a firewall and is not reachable from the internet. At the end I gave them access during a time window access but got lousy advice that took days to got to me. After 2 and a half weeks and no solution from QNAP I started a new configuration.
Hope your experience is better :-)

Maurice
Hi Maurice,
The last update I got was on 2021-11-04 17:13:41 mentioning that my wishes were relayed to R&D (Not allowing remote connections). Nothing since then. So I'll have to wait and see if they come up with something. My NAS is also behind a firewall and not reachable from the internet. I have bought a new Macbook recently and moved my data manually to that Mac. What I noticed was that for some files or subdirectories in the directories under control of QSync I had to supply my admin password to be able to move them. That cannot be good. (I didn't use the QSync option because that is misbehaving)

I also decided to move a lot of directories out of the QSync area and just keep them only on the NAS as I almost never use them. And it is a considerable amount of data. (now less then 0.5GB, before about 5GB)
So now I'm on the latest Monterey (Apple Silicon) and the latest QSync version (same as before). I haven't seen a problem yet. I did notice a difference in the exclusion list in QSync. Now .* is also excluded and that wasn't in setup on the other Mac. Maybe I took it out sometime ago or it wasn't in there before I don't remember. I've been using QNAP since 2004.

I still hope I will get a sensible answer from QNAP but I'm not holding my breath. If I hear anything useful I'll post it here.

Patrick
P.S. I'm sure Patrick Wilson would have had something useful to add if he would still be alive
pcroozen
Starting out

Post by pcroozen »

Hi Maurice,

I just got a reply on my case. Attached was an other version of Qsync: QNAPQsyncClientMac-5.0.1.1117 (Special version (Increase the log of conflict files)) with the instructions not to forget to enable the debug log. And if the conflict occurs again to upload a new log.

So now I have to set it up (on my decommissioned Mac) and let it run until it occurs again. This can take some time, but I consider this good news.

Patrick.
ptimmons
New here

Post by ptimmons »

Hi everyone.

I have this problem too.

I pinpointed it to using non English characters in directories and file names.

Are you using such characters?

Patrick.
pcroozen
Starting out

Post by pcroozen »

Hi All,

I do not use non English characters normally but have this _conflict_ issue on a directory without any non English characters in the name or in the files names in there.

Regards,
Patrick
robdou
Starting out

Post by robdou »

I received about 1 week ago from QNAP support the same version to test: QNAPQsyncClientMac-5.0.1.1117.dmg, with the advice to turn on debug log file and post if the problem reappears. I didn't install yet because I m a bit scare that the issue come back. Have you notice any improvement with that version?
pcroozen
Starting out

Post by pcroozen »

Hi Robdou,
So you aren't syncing at all right now?
I've installed the updated version and am running it on the system that had the issues. Nothing happened so far, but it happend irregularly .. So I'll have to wait and see.
I did create a new account to sync with and have it sync to a different location.
pcroozen
Starting out

Post by pcroozen »

Havent had a single issue (yet). I created a new setup on my iMac with a different account and a copy of all the files I used before. To sync to a different location on the NAS. Using the new account was somewhat difficult as it kept reusing my old account. Just deleting the app wasn't enough. I had to search for dirs with qnap in it on my iMac and remove those. Then an install worked (by asking which NAS and what account etc). Haven't had an issue on it. Still running all the same programs (TimeMachine, Carbon Copy Cloner and Qsync). I'm just not actively using this machine. But the issue didn't happen on dir's or files that I recently used as well.

On my new Macbook I saw that I had installed the previous version (QNAPQsyncClientMac-5.0.1.0802.dmg) with no issues yet. Today I updated to the version I got from QNAP Support (QNAPQsyncClientMac-5.0.1.1117.dmg) also checked that debug was still enabled. That Macbook I installed without migrating data via Migration Assistant.
There I also used a new account and made a new setup of the dirs that I want to sync and those I only keep for reference on the NAS (and not sync back anymore).

I'm thinking that the issue might also arise from all the updates since 2010 that I had installed (also previously I migrated my data to each new Mac via the assistant). But I don't know. If the issue with the conflict files or dirs happens again I will post it. The SR with QNAP will probably be closed as you need to 'ping' it every 9 days to keep it active.

HTH, Patrick
robdou
Starting out

Post by robdou »

Since I installed qsync 5.0.1.1117, I didn't see the initial conflict copies issue with "_conflict_(0)" reappears but...
I had files that were updated on the NAS and not sync to the mac despite qsync on the mac says all files are up to date. It makes qsync not reliable totally useless

Robert
robdou
Starting out

Post by robdou »

QNAP requested me yesterday through my ticket to install the newer version 5.0.1.1207. I will give it a try and give a feedback after a couple days of use
borgo1971
New here

Post by borgo1971 »

I am experiencing the same problem since a few days, and my documents are becoming a mess too. I opened a ticket but without answer until now. Strange thing that someone experienced this issue since August, and other only in this days... Did updated QSync Client help? Could you share it? I got 5.0.1.0802, and didn't find any update...
In addition to file and folder duplication with "_conflict_(0)", I got continuous "no space non NAS to sync files" alert, but on dashboard I see about 1,35TB free, and my user has no quotas (until yesterday I had 1TB limit, and I'm sure my user don't use it all, but I removed it to see if it has any to do with this mess).
I sync two Mac's with QNAP, may MacBook Pro mostly connected on the same LAN with QNAP NAS (at home), and my MacPro at office. Both Mac's are using latest macOS Catalina update (but didn't any update in the last times).
Another strange thing is that most files or folders that become duplicated or renamed with "_conflict_(0)", are files and/or folders that I didn't touch since months...
I'm rally angered about this problem... :twisted:
At my first NAS: QNAP TS-453B
pcroozen
Starting out

Post by pcroozen »

I just re-experienced the _conflict_ issue again with version 5.0.1.1207, so that also doesn't fix the issue. Re-opened a support ticket again. Hope we'll get a fix for this mess.

@borgo1971 I didn't get a notification of a new post so I didn't see your message (I should have gotten an e-mail). I think you already got the version from QNAP support and don't think I'm allowed to distribute it. I feel your frustration. And I also have the issue now with a directory containing files from 2020 that I do not touch or change.

Return to “File Sharing”