"You do not have permission to access this server" error message when connecting locally.

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
randalthevandal
New here

"You do not have permission to access this server" error message when connecting locally.

Post by randalthevandal »

Hello,

Mac user on a TS-673 running the latest OS + the latest firmware on the QNAP itself.

I have no problem connecting via AFP / SMB via the finder locally when using my admin account. However, trying to use other accounts gives me the following error: "You do not have permission to access this server."

I thought it might be that my password change policy may have led to this, so I logged in via admin to see if my password needed to be changed for my other users, but that wasn't the case.

Can anyone help me out?
root777
New here

Re: "You do not have permission to access this server" error message when connecting locally.

Post by root777 »

Same error....

Im on a fresh/plain QTS5.1.1.2x install on a True story. 462 and Im getting the exact error from my macbook air (sonoma14).

"You do not have permission to access this server..." ---with the YOU SHALL NOT PASS VIBES...

Which is different than wrong password.

I created smb user bob in the everyone group, granted everyone permission to r/w all shares and just to put a cherry on top, gave bob explicit r/w permission to each share...

Finally I allowed full r/w to guest access....

When I try to login on the macos 14.0 I put in bob, the password and I get the wrong password shakes...same for guest.

Anyone else?

TS462 - QTS:5.1.1.2x

Phredd
root777
New here

Re: "You do not have permission to access this server" error message when connecting locally.

Post by root777 »

UPDATE:

I'm able to get to the QNAP shares by enabling AFP and allowing guests full r/w on that protocol...which is not great but I can limp until we fix it...

Return to “File Sharing”