QuFTP passive mode

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
bmacao
New here

QuFTP passive mode

Post by bmacao »

Hi,

After QNAP update to firmware 5.0.0.1891 build 20211221 my passive mode doesnt work anymore, i have put my external address to the option "Response with external IP addresss..." but in remote conections reports QNAP internal IP , and so the passive mode fails to work.

In previous firmware version this was working fine , no new rules were added to my router before or after this qnap update.

Please advice or anyone from QNAP fix the present issue as it impacts my work/businesss .

Best Regards
dolbyman
Guru

Re: QuFTP passive mode

Post by dolbyman »

Open a ticket with QNAP if you want to report bugs..nothing to do for us here.

Look at current malware threads if you make your NAS reachable from WAN ..you could be in for a bad time
bmacao
New here

Post by bmacao »

Hi, i opened the ticket, was hoping that someone else had the same problem and fixed it somehow....
bmacao
New here

Post by bmacao »

Have an update for this situation, QNAP support has responded and to fix the presente issue/error the solution is Firmware Downgrade to 4.5 .

Best Regards
ATSReunion
New here

Post by ATSReunion »

Hello, i have the same problems, and the downgrade no fix it.
tperalta82
New here

Post by tperalta82 »

Found a fix for you, if you're tech savvy

1) mv /mnt/ext/opt/QuFTP/bin/quftp_util /mnt/ext/opt/QuFTP/bin/quftp_util.noexec
2) vi /mnt/HDA_ROOT/.config/proftpd.conf , add MasqueradeAddress with the ip address you want below the WanIp directive , save and exit
3) cd /mnt/ext/opt/QuFTP/
4) ./quftp.sh restart

Caveats, before changing any UI setting , rename the quftp_util.noexec back to the original one, make the changes you want on the UI and repeat the whole process.

Either that, or if you know how proftpd works, use your own directives.
p.sudakovs
New here

Post by p.sudakovs »

Hello!

Was having issues with this too. The server sent the wrong passive mode ip. Latest 5 something version of qnap.

Cyberduck worked but FileZilla failed. Cyberduck displayed the wrong passive mode address:
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,XX,XX,219,22).
[Replacing PASV mode reply address 192.168.XX.XX with XX.XXX.XXX.XX]
MLSD
Did more digging and it seems the quftp_util does not generate the correct config file, in the util, there is this placeholder:

Tried manually editing it but I did brick it so ha ha - at least I tried. Got segfault when trying to restart the ftp service. Returned back the original and it worked ok.
tperalta82 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:51 am Found a fix for you, if you're tech savvy

1) mv /mnt/ext/opt/QuFTP/bin/quftp_util /mnt/ext/opt/QuFTP/bin/quftp_util.noexec
2) vi /mnt/HDA_ROOT/.config/proftpd.conf , add MasqueradeAddress with the ip address you want below the WanIp directive , save and exit
3) cd /mnt/ext/opt/QuFTP/
4) ./quftp.sh restart

Caveats, before changing any UI setting , rename the quftp_util.noexec back to the original one, make the changes you want on the UI and repeat the whole process.

Either that, or if you know how proftpd works, use your own directives.
I can report that this is working! Thank you!
p.sudakovs
New here

Post by p.sudakovs »

https://www.qnap.com/en/app_releasenote ... oose=QuFTP

QuFTP Service 1.1.5
( 2022/04/19 )
[Fixed Issues]
- We have resolved an issue where the transferred file size changes to 0 bytes and the file could no longer be used. This would occur only if a single file was transferred and the file name contained the following sequence of characters: %In
- Previously, QuFTP Service would respond with an internal IP address even after enabling the "Respond with external IP address for passive FTP connection request" feature in passive FTP mode. With this release, the bug has been fixed.
- We have fixed an issue where QTS would display the system status as "enabled" in Control Panel, even after disabling and removing QuFTP Service from the OS.

This has been fixed - will revert back the changes and test it out when I have a time.

Return to “File Sharing”