Qsync will not sync files, only folders, TS-259, Win10

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
AsianNo1
New here

Qsync will not sync files, only folders, TS-259, Win10

Post by AsianNo1 »

I'm having some issues with my Qsync. I'm not sure what the original problem was but my Qsync wouldn't update files from computer to computer. It will show up on the NAS but then the file won't sync to the other computers. I tried a lot of things - a different user, removing Qsync and deleting the Qsync folder, using an older version of Qsync, etc, none of them have worked.

What happens right now, is that the system will build the directory structure and then it will normally just sit and process continually, to the point that the processed events have outpaced the number of files I have by more than an order of magnitude. I can see on the NAS log that the files are being transferred but they don't show up there.

My latest iteration, I've told Qsync to only sync one folder, a smaller folder, and it built the directory and one sub-directory and then said it was done, even though there are no files in the directories but I know there are about 100 files that exist.

I'm running a TS-259 with the latest 4.2.6 build and Windows 10 machines with the latest Qsync 5.0.4.1523.

Qnap says the TS-259 is too old and unsupported and they aren't able to help me.

Any help would be appreciated.
AsianNo1
New here

Re: Qsync will not sync files, only folders, TS-259, Win10

Post by AsianNo1 »

Update: so I can see in the Qsync connection logs that Qsync reads the same file over and over, but it never actually syncs the file. Qsync just sits in "synchronizing" forever and the "processed events" just continues to count up. I have two computers syncing to this account. I can put a file in a folder on either side and it will show up on the NAS, but it will not show up on the other computer.

Anyone have any suggestions?
AJPJazzIT
Starting out

Post by AJPJazzIT »

I am seeing the same issue when trying to migrate a user to a new machine.

Any file put on one machine will sync to the NAS but not to the other machine.

The NAS 'thinks" the files are being downloaded by looking at the server logs. BUT they are not downloaded by the qsync client.
tiagondelgado
Starting out

Post by tiagondelgado »

i Have the same problem...
FSC830
Experience counts

Post by FSC830 »

Did you (both) may be enabled the space saving mode? With space saving the files will not be downloaded to PC.

https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial ... aving-mode

Regards

Return to “File Sharing”